What's new

DR Harris Marlborough

A product to try if you do like the DRH Marlborough scent. Matches very well the soap/shave cream of the same line. Not particularly moisturizing but manly and positively one-dimensional. Highly recommended.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
A Mirror to the Arlington splash this one is great in every respect, personal preference in scent aside. A classy glass bottle and label, a nice price point (for what you get), a touch of menthol, some glycerin to moisturize, and a refined scent. On to the scent: I get woods, primarily burnt cedar, and a distinct barbershop soapiness element. Longevity is about an hour or two and silage is not overpowering, making this perfect for any professional environment. For some reason wood scents in aftershaves tend to burn so you will feel initial burn (kudos to those who like that), but the menthol then comes in 5 seconds later and brings incredible cooling relief. It's a nice duality like that gum commercial "Berry to Mint". This falls no. 3 for me in the DR Harris line after Arlington (champ) and Bay Rum, but ahead of Pink and Sandalwood. Oh and the ultimate test SWMBO likes it too, well OK she likes all the DRH aftershaves so that doesn't help me narrow it down any! :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
At $30 a bottle, it's in the same price range as department store aftershaves, but this stuff knocks the socks off of RL Safari, Obsession, and the other popular brands you can buy at Macy's.

If you like cedar, sandalwood, and light musk, then you should like Marlborough. I bought it for the fragrance, but you should really know about the medicinal aspect of this AS. It contains a touch of menthol. It's not overpowering, but it really does cool off a rough shave quickly, and leaves my face feeling fresh all day.

Marlborough AS does contain alcohol, so there is a quick bite to it. Don't worry though. It's not like VI Bay Rum. It's a quick sting as opposed to a slow burn, then the menthol chill makes you forget it ever happened.

This is a top notch product as far as I'm concerned. I intend on having a bottle in my rotation perpetually.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
DR Harris aftershaves are among my favorites. Marlborough ranks right up there. I like the scent well enough to spring for the soap and the cologne. I use Marlborough all four seasons.

Shop around. The price can vary $20-25 a 100 ml bottle. (ed. by that I mean you can expect to pay $30 to $55 a bottle).

It has some alcohol in it, so there is a short-lived and mild burn. The cooling sensation is no menthol, but it is followed by a medicinal effect that I find very comforting. It has healing properties besides a glorious scent.

It stays close to the skin and lasts a reasonable amount of time. I apply the cologne which is good for a day at work. As I recall, the AS lasts at least a couple of hours.

There is more cedar than sandalwood. They claim a blend of other woods. I don't doubt that. It is more than cedar and sandalwood, but I cannot identify them.

I have heard comments that the scent is like ashtrays or stale cigarette smoke. I find that silly, but there is no accounting for the sense of smell.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)