What's new

Dovo Bismarck 6/8 Black

Pros: Nice Shaver, nice feel in your hand
Cons: can’t say.
First, I am relatively new to straight razor shaving. Saying that my review comes from this point of view.
I very much liked the way this razor felt in my hand , good balance. I liked the way it shaved. WTG I actually felt it take whiskers off. It sharpen well according to the prof. who sharpen it for me. I stropped it after the shave and did not have a problem. The looks are kind of nice looking. Some gold trim not a beauty queen but not ugly! I have no issues with the scales. Looks good.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
4.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
4.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness
4.00 star(s)
Thanks for the info, I ordered the red from SRD on Tuesday... can't wait!
Crappy Cell Phone Pic
View attachment 70676

I got the black Bismarck 6/8 about 6 months ago from my wife. It is a lovely razor. Price wise this is middle of the road for the Dovo line. It comes in a blue no thrills coffin, but it is sturdy and solid. Out of the box the razor is quite nice but you can see where some things were skimped on. Specifically the scales although the style compliments the razor. They are black plastic that are rounded at the ends. In the center of one side is Perlex with Soligen written across it in gold lettering. The gold of this razor is more subdued than a bright gold which I really like. The scales are finished off with a white spacer that gives it a classy look.

Onto the razor. The razor is a hefty 6/8, full hollow, with a round point. The shoulderless design is sexy (calling a razor sexy:eek:) and the spine is nicely filed giving clean uniform filing marks. The spine and tang is also gold washed. Overall I didn't find any manufacture problems. I really like the way this carbon blade shaves. It motors through my heavy beard easily. It's smooth and holds a nice edge for a good while. When it starts to pull 30 laps on the Chinese 12k and its tip top. I don't hone yet so I can't comment on how easy to hone it is.

This is a nice razor that won't break the bank when compared to other new production razors.
Top Bottom