What's new

Douglas rein dachs/pure badger

Item Description

I search of my first badger brush I found this at a local branch of the german Parfümerie Douglas:

proxy.php

I have been using it for three weeks now and so far I am quite satisfied with it:

Price
At D.Kr. 250 (approx. $45-50) I find it to be a reasonable brush for the money

Quality
Overall quality is nice, though the brush shedded maybe a little to many hairs the first few uses. The Transparent blastic handle is nice and visually appealing and the knot sits nicely in it

Density

proxy.php

Not super dense, but - as far as I can gather from pictures - ok at the price point

Stiffness of Tips
Good, builds up lather nice and efficiently

Softness of Tips
Nice, but a little scratchy

Ergonomic
Nice weight and balance, no complaints here. Handle dimensions: Height; 48,5 mm. Width at base; 37 mm.

Latherability
Good, holds water nicely, builds up lather efficiently

All in all a nice and effecient brush that does what it is supposed to, feels nice on the face and looks ok on the shelf.

Regards.

Jakob

Latest reviews

I search of my first badger brush I found this at a local branch of the german Parfümerie Douglas:

proxy.php

I have been using it for three weeks now and so far I am quite satisfied with it:

Price
At D.Kr. 250 (approx. $45-50) I find it to be a reasonable brush for the money

Quality
Overall quality is nice, though the brush shedded maybe a little to many hairs the first few uses. The Transparent blastic handle is nice and visually appealing and the knot sits nicely in it

Density

proxy.php

Not super dense, but - as far as I can gather from pictures - ok at the price point

Stiffness of Tips
Good, builds up lather nice and efficiently

Softness of Tips
Nice, but a little scratchy

Ergonomic
Nice weight and balance, no complaints here. Handle dimensions: Height; 48,5 mm. Width at base; 37 mm.

Latherability
Good, holds water nicely, builds up lather efficiently

All in all a nice and effecient brush that does what it is supposed to, feels nice on the face and looks ok on the shelf.

Regards.

Jakob
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)