What's new

Double Open Comb

Item Description

Medium handled razor with unique double open comb design, on the bottom plate and top plate, designed to hold water better while shaving.

Latest reviews

Pros: Durable, smooth shave, mild razor
Cons: Not BBS but DFS. I wish it was slightly more aggressive.
Great razor! It is the mildest razor I've ever used and it gets the job done. It's awesome for razor buffering because you will NOT experience razor burn. The design itself is brilliant because pass after pass this razor keeps cutting down the beard and doesn't irritate sensitive skin. It really holds lather up to your face due to the design. I compare it to my Feather AS-D2 which is a Ferarri, while this PAA is more like a Camaro.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
3.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: LOOKS AMAZING
Cons: VERY, VERY MILD
The quality of mine was perfect. The handle is very short and i use it on another head as a travel razor. The MR5 handle makes for an amazing style, grip & weight.

As every review will tell you its mild, but that makes it great for the sensitive neck area and i do all 3rd passes with this and a little srpitz of water/ess~oils. It allows buffering, but its never so close as it be BBS but then no irritation.

Ill try shimming this and for my sensitive areas its great!
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very gentle, easy to maneuver, efficient
Cons: A bit small and lightweight in the hand
I have very delicate skin, and a pirate beard. Hair grows thick and in spirals, and I always have to blade buff my neck. This has been the case with every razor, soap, cream, or blade, that I have ever used. It is not a question of whether I get razorburn, but how much I get.

I saw a positive review of this razor, and bought it without doing my usual thorough research - it just sounded too good.

As I waited, I discovered that the owner of Phoenix seems to have been less than honest, which worried me. Granted, I didn't buy his soaps, but I was worried nonetheless.

The razor came tonight. I couldn't wait until morning, so I held a warm washcloth to my face for a couple of minutes and went at it.

I got perfect BBS with 3.5 passes, with minimal irritation. Feather blade. Blows all my other razors out of the water.

People say that this razor is not efficient. While it's true that I had to blade buff on my neck, it didn't strike me as any more than every other razor I have ever used. I had to do significant amounts of blade buffing on my neck, just like always.

Something about the razor, whether it's the extra grooves or something else, allows me to blade buff without any irritation. This lets me get closer than I have ever gotten before - I normally have to call it quits because of irritation on my neck, even when I still get audible feedback. This is the first razor that has been gentle enough to let me shave all of my hair.

Cons... well, it feels flimsy and cheap in the hand. I am used to an AS-D2, so I guess most anything would. The blade loading is not nearly as precise as with my feather either. Honestly, I can understand this - manufacturing to the precision of Feather, ATT, etc., is a different ballgame in terms of production. Stiill, some points off for that.

In short then, I would definitely recommend this razor, especially if you've got sensitive skin and a thick, wiry beard.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)