DORCO ST 300 Stainless blades

Pros: 🪒
• Cheap
• Ubiquitous
Cons: 🪒
◦ Dull
◦ Rough
◦ Questionable Authenticity
Bought a packet off shopee to try out. Used a very mild razor at first and found that it is not very sharp as I need to do multiple passes over the same area. This caused razor burn. Then I tried it on a more aggressive razor and I found that it is not smooth either.

This blade can be found very easily on shopee, in different packagings and versions. It comes to the question if the one I ordered is even authentic, explaining the bad shaves.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)

Attachments

• 8be0855d0cf49baa94190fd4aef3b00b.jpg
    8be0855d0cf49baa94190fd4aef3b00b.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 7eaefb2d0b99ef8b0477d9ebae665c9e.jpg
    7eaefb2d0b99ef8b0477d9ebae665c9e.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 55
  • b8bf79cca3c3514618673feb218a1566.jpg
    b8bf79cca3c3514618673feb218a1566.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 52
Pros: Cheap and available
Cons: Way below cheaper blades like Astra in quality.
I tried to review these blades but one scrape and the hairs were were just not going anywhere. Actually, i loaded two identical Rimei razors with both the Vietnam produced ST300 and the Korean made ST301. Neither wanted to cut my beard in a satisfactory manner.
Not being a masochist i quickly reached for my Edwin Jagger loaded with a 3 shave old Silver Blue. Perfection as always. For the second pass i returned to Dorco and noticed something interesting. The Korean made blade was noticeably sharper and smoother, and i finished the shave with this blade.
The packaging gets a 1 as both come in plastic containers which i loathe. The world does not need anymore useless plastic and i have a used blade bank . Longevity gets a 7 as i'm not qualified to comment.
The price was cheap but no cheaper than Astras here in Thailand and there's no way these are in the same league IMO.

So not much of a review, but i'd say if you want to try these go for the Korean made ST301 model.

I am recommending these blades to others as they may well work for people with lighter beards, and of course everyone's face is different to mine.

Not a terrible experience, but then most of the heavy lifting was done with the Silver Blue which was peerless as always.
This reminds me once again how lucky i am to live in a country where Astra cost peanuts, Feather are cheap, and the mighty Super Thin Gillette is easy to find for a fraction more than the others.

With such company, it's hard to see why i'd want to return to the Dorco brand anytime soon, but as usual, YMMV. Give them a go and see for yourself.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: no cuts, niks or the dreaded razor burn & resulting rash
Cons: a SLOW shave 3-4 pass at least, overall result okay but not 100% smooth.
These are the 2nd blade I've tried... please check my profile for details of preperation and weapon of choice.

For a relative newbie (like myself) these are a joy, they seem more forgiving than most deities you care to mention and they leave no sign of burn and resulting rash... These are a VERY easy razor to use, due to their forgiving nature.
For my hellish combination of sensitive skin and wire-like stubble (5 days worth at time of shave), these I feel are going to be my "go to" for any time I just want an easy relaxing shave experience.... They are the FIRST blade I have used in over 20 years of shaving that hasn't left me with a burning area around the lower neck that inevitably becomes covered in unsightly red pus-filled lumps. For me, that's a major victory - not looking like a plague victim is a good thing.

However, the champagine corks of celebration shouldn't be popped just yet... If you're expecting a forgiving and baby skin-smooth shave, you may need to look elsewhere. There are other blades out there that can and will give you a closer shave (sadly, I have to include over-priced cartridge based systems in that too)... but the pay off of being rash free might be worthwhile.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: longevity
Very inexpensive blade, I got 10 for $1.50. Packaging is cheap and the blade was great for one shave. After that it kept tugging at the skin. Much prefer its cousin blade the 301
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: cheap
Cons: longevity
Blade works well for 2-3 shaves and then drops off.
I tend to use blades for 3-4 times and then dispose.
Have tried to cork blades that drop off fast, and sometimes it works.
This is a blade I would use when traveling and/or have run out of my other blades.
This blade tends to drag, you can hear it cutting the facial hair as you shave.
Not the worst blade I have used, in my razor stash, I rate it 8th out of 10.
Still the blade gives a decent shave, go slow and all will be well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: Not particularly sharp.
This is one of the few blades that I've been truly underwhelmed by. It didn't give me a bad shave really, just like how I get up in the morning. Grouchy and only semi-functional. The end results were BBS, but I also had a lot of tug-and-pull to get there and irritation afterwards. Not horrible, but not good.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Price
Cons: Worst blade I've ever used
Without a doubt the worst blade I've ever used. When I first started wet shaving, I read many blade reviews and found nothing but glowing remarks about Dorco. I know now to buy a sample pack but then I bought 100 blades for $8. Maybe I got knock offs? I'm not sure. I used 3 blades and let my friend use 2. I threw the remaining 95 in the garbage.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Reactions: Juanmosey
Pros: Price
Cons: Durability, sharpness
I got a pack of these blades when I purchased my Merkur 33C. Overall, this was a pretty average blade. I didn't find them to be particularly sharp and by the third shave I noticed a lot of pulling. Shave quality was good at first, but by shave three I was getting a lot of nicks. Hence, the low scores for longevity and sharpness. The packaging was fine: a paper envelope with an inner paper wrap, no annoying glue spots as with some other blades. I probably would not purchase these again, but I will keep them around as a spare in case I run out of my preferred blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap acceptable blade
I find this blade not bad at all, it delivered me four good shaves.

The blades can be bought very cheap from China, I rate these blades above Derby, but not as smooth as an Astra SP.

Its for sure good value, I would not mind to use more off these as they work fine.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, Easy to find, GREAT quality
Cons: none so far
What can I say that the numbers don't? Out of all the blades I've tried thus far, this has delivered the BEST shave of all. No nicks, weepers or razor burn. For me that is very difficult as I have a dog eared scar on my neck from a spinal fusion operation I had and it ALWAYS gets nicked or irritated. Not so with the Dorco. As with any product YMMV but I think, for the money, this is the abosolute best deal going. I am not at all into brand names of the products I use but into quality and value. These blades have it in spades. Move over Derby....you've met your better!!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth shave
Cons: Way to mild
This was my second blade to really try, after the Derby, so my thoughts can only compare to it. I was surprised by the Dorco blades, as I didn't expect them to be so mild and smooth. While this bothered me at first, I really can't complain about them.

Price: They were part of a sampler pack, so I gave them a neutral 7

Quality: Each of the four blades that I tried was similar, with little variation from blade to blade and shave to shave.

Sharpness: They struggles a little here, but I found that setting my razor to a more aggressive setting resolved any issues. I could get a great shave with four passes, with no irritation, without trying. I didn't have to check my angle or pay a whole lot of attention.

Longevity: I dispose of blades after a week, and they were still fine when disposed. I don't know how long they could last.

Smoothness: Really mild blades. Nevertheless, I would experience some skipping on occasion. However, I didn't see blood. No blood, no foul.

Packaging: The box is cheap. That may contribute to what I hear is a really low price, but I didnt' care for it. The problem is that after opening, the cardboard box seams may split (mine did). After four weeks, it was too separated to be useful - I don't think it would have lasted 9 weeks.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: quality, sharpness, longevity
Dorco ST300 Platinum double-edge razor blades

They didn't cut my skin, but they didn't cut the whiskers either.

Price: n/a (purchased as part of a sample pack, but they can be purchased cheaply)

Quality: Inconsistent bevels and edges.

Sharpness: They seem dull, but that could be due to the bevel angle.

Longevity: Lasts 2-3 days, which is below average for the blades I have tried.

Smoothness of Shave: Smooth, but not at all close.

Packaging: Cardboard box of 10. Double-wrapped with no glue.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I was pleasantly surprised by these blades. I have tried a lot of blades, including the Dorco 301s, which I have hated in every razor I've tried them in. The 301s feel exceptionally dull to me, they tug and they render a poor, uncomfortable shave.

I never even thought of trying the 300s, since they seem to be generally even more poorly regarded than the 301s. However, a while back, a kind vendor (can't remember who now) threw in a pack of 300s as a freebie with an order. Last week I decided to give them a try in my Gillette Red Tip, expecting to ditch the blade after 0.5-1 shave. I had tried the 301s in the Red Tip and it was not a nice combo.

I was not overly impressed with the first shave (a bit lacking in smoothness), but it was certainly better than with the 301s. Then the bigger surprise, the second shave was very nice. The shave was smooth with no weepers or irritation. Ended up getting 5 very decent shaves out of the blade. I would characterize the blade as smooth and forgiving and middle of the road in sharpness. A good blade (for me) in a more aggressive razor or when I want a mild, low irritation shave. This blade seems similar to me to my experience with the Israeli Red Persona and Crystal blades. For the price, a nice discovery. The fact that others have compared this blade unfavorably to broken glass, can lids and cheese graters just proves that especially with blades, you need to try yourself for YMMV.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
... I have changed my mind. Kinda. The first shave was unsatisfactory; like I was using a cheese grater. But this morning, after a month or so, I pulled out the second blade and stropped it on a foam peanut.

Ahh. Much better. Especially in light of the 7 weepers I got yesterday from a shave too many (#4) from an Astra SP. The former "cheese grater" didn't even re-open any of those.

OK, I'm becoming an advocate of stropping unruly blades to get at least some use from them. But this ST-300 actually felt like it wasn't there for some strokes today. I look forward to seeing how long this will last.
I would say that these blades are quite sharp and smooth, no tug and pull neither nicks.
For the longevity , well, i never use a blade more than 3 shaves and these won't be the exception.
I have a heavy beard and they have no problem to give me a smooth BBS.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Price -- best deal in blades that exists.

Quality -- I have shaved with many of these and have never had a bad one unlike many of the higher-priced blades I have used.

Sharpness--sharp enough to do the job of a BBS in three passes, how much sharper do you need?

Longevity-- I get three shaves out of these which is all I get from any blade I've tried and I have tried almost everyone in current production and some now no longer made as well.

Smoothness -- excellent and never a nick, glides over my face marvelously with proper prep and good lather

Packaging--the most environmentally friendly packaging in a blade there is

I know YMMV on any shaving product and I am not one of the dogmatic fanatics on the board ("my product I like is great and if you don't agree
you don't know how to shave, make lather, etc.) but I am surprised by how hated this product is by many. Oh well, see my tag line.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Comparing to Feather, Derby Extra, and Personna (red from Wal-Mart), Dorco is dull. But guess what? It is perfect in open comb. I get very smooth and close shaves from this combination and highly recommend it! For the price, this combination also aces.

Other combinations, such as G fatboy, slim, Lady G, all not good. Dorco is not sharp enough for these shavers, in my opinion.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Not quite BBS, but not far from it. I tried these after tearing my face up with a Dollar General Personna. I figured I'd get a halfway decent shave while going easy on my face. I was half right. They are easy on my face. However, they gave a lot better than a halfway decent shave. Not the best shave I've ever had, mind you. Just a good shave with no cuts, nicks, weepers, or irritation.
I used them in a 1962 Gillette Adjustable set on 4. I tried it on 1 but got very little action, so I went up a notch at a time. I'm sure somewhere between 6 and 9 would have gotten me BBS, but would have also irritated my face.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
10 for a buck;

gett bbs with 3 passes + touchup; no nics;

used in ss slim and futur;

about the same as the 301; alot better than the 302's;
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
This my favorite razor blade. Sharp, decent longevity, and smooth. A reckon my feather blades are sharper, which I switch between, however, these are for sure smoother. Helluva price, but most importantly a great shave for the daily go-getter.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)