What's new

Dorco PL-510

This one is definitely much better than the Wilkinson Sword Classic. It is quite aggressive. Not for newbies. Excellent alignment and a long handle. Super lightweight, so if you are accustomed to shaving with a 100g razor, don't even try it. It is good when you travel. I shaved with it today and acheived a BBS with no problem whatsoever. Blade compatibility is quite good. I used it with many different blades and it works well with most of them. And it's dirt cheap. :biggrin:
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
3.00 star(s)
Thanks to a fellow member (thanks again JimR) I am the proud owner of the lightest DE on the planet. I guess the all plastic BIC disposables are heavier and putting a blade in the Dorco doubles the weight.
That is the only really difficult thing with this razor; because of the lack of mass I have to use pressure in such a way that I am not used to with a DE.
It takes a few blades before I figured out the right amount of pressure and even now I do get some decent shaves out of this razor it will never reach my top 10 I guess.
On the other hand it is really not bad for what it is. It's got perfect blade allignment and a fair amount of blade gap to ensure you really can shave with it. It is not made to last forever but as long as you don't use too much force closing the razor and don't step on it I wouldn't be surprised it still works 10 years from now.
All in all a nice travel razor or just a nice gadget that really works. I rate it a lot higher than the Wilkinson classic. The Wilkie (Treet in fact) has a nice weight but the balance is all wrong and it shaves like a 1 blade cartridge while this Dorco shaves like a real DE; it is just very/too light.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
3.00 star(s)
The PL-510 from Dorco is an all plastic system. Constructed exactly like a regular metal safety razor. Uses the screw on system.

Very cheap as I got it for only SGD2.00 to wean myself off expensive twin blade cartridges.

It is plastic and so it is very light. I applied a little more pressure than I would with a standard metal constuct type which I used long ago. However the sharp Dorco DE razors are good. So the pressure applied was less than using an all plastic twin blade system.
Top Bottom