What's new

Dorco Cool Aftershave Gel

Item Description

I happened to see this in a dollar store recently and couldn't pass it up. Dorco offers 4 varieties of aftershave named Cool, Aqua, Mild & Sport. While this one is a gel, the rest are splashes. All seemed to have some variation of the same scent. So far this is the only one I've tried.

The price is a bargain at $1 for a plastic 100ml bottle of clear gel with a nice subtle scent. It smells a little like a musk to me. The scent seems to fade quicly after application. My wife said it smelled really nice, but then laughed at me when she saw the name "Dorco," so keep it to yourself.

I've used this a for a week and I really enjoyed it. It's very soothing and dries quickly while leaving my face feeling moisturized. Alcohol is an ingredient, but there is no burn whatsoever. Despite the name "Cool," there really isn't any cooling sensation either, as there is no menthol in this gel.

While I think this a great product, especially for the price, the ingredients are a little odd:

Purified Water, Glycerine, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Carbomer, Urea USP, Betain Imidazolidinyl Urea, Alcohol Denat., Triethanolamine, DL-Panthenol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Allantoin, Perfume, Oryza Sativa (rice), Centella Asiatica, Plantago Asiatica, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower, Nonoxynol-12, Tocopheryl Acetate

I'm not sure what to think of some of the above items, and not sure if I'd want to put them on my face for an extended period of time. Be that as it may, I may use this product off an on, but it won't replace any of my daily aftershaves.

If you'd like to find this for yourself, you might just have to look in a few of the odd mom & pop variety of dollar stores. The only reference I could find online for this product was from a website that sells stock to dollar stores, offering a case of 36 for $24. The back label indicates that the aftershave is made in Korea and distributed in the US by Sharp Edge Enterprises, Inc.

Latest reviews

I happened to see this in a dollar store recently and couldn't pass it up. Dorco offers 4 varieties of aftershave named Cool, Aqua, Mild & Sport. While this one is a gel, the rest are splashes. All seemed to have some variation of the same scent. So far this is the only one I've tried.

The price is a bargain at $1 for a plastic 100ml bottle of clear gel with a nice subtle scent. It smells a little like a musk to me. The scent seems to fade quicly after application. My wife said it smelled really nice, but then laughed at me when she saw the name "Dorco," so keep it to yourself.

I've used this a for a week and I really enjoyed it. It's very soothing and dries quickly while leaving my face feeling moisturized. Alcohol is an ingredient, but there is no burn whatsoever. Despite the name "Cool," there really isn't any cooling sensation either, as there is no menthol in this gel.

While I think this a great product, especially for the price, the ingredients are a little odd:

Purified Water, Glycerine, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Carbomer, Urea USP, Betain Imidazolidinyl Urea, Alcohol Denat., Triethanolamine, DL-Panthenol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Allantoin, Perfume, Oryza Sativa (rice), Centella Asiatica, Plantago Asiatica, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower, Nonoxynol-12, Tocopheryl Acetate

I'm not sure what to think of some of the above items, and not sure if I'd want to put them on my face for an extended period of time. Be that as it may, I may use this product off an on, but it won't replace any of my daily aftershaves.

If you'd like to find this for yourself, you might just have to look in a few of the odd mom & pop variety of dollar stores. The only reference I could find online for this product was from a website that sells stock to dollar stores, offering a case of 36 for $24. The back label indicates that the aftershave is made in Korea and distributed in the US by Sharp Edge Enterprises, Inc.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)