What's new

Dominica Bay Rum Lime Cologne

I think this is great stuff. However, it is not much of a cologne. While it smells great it only has the staying power of an aftershave. Actually, I generally only use this as an aftershave or after shower splash. The lime touch is a very nice addition to the Bay Rum. It seems to 'cut' the Bay Rum and balances it well. Dominica has changed the packaging to a plastic screw top instead of the 'corker'. I wish it still had the cork like Citrocol does. I also have Dominica's straight Bay Rum and I enjoy having both which allows me to go full bore Bay Rum some days and a little lighter with the Lime touch on others. Lastly, its a very pleasant scent and one that you can splash on as an aftershave and then again once you are dressed as a 'light' cologne. :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Hey guys,

I just got a bottle of this from Classic Shaving. I'm online right now buying a couple atomizers so I can decant this stuff into something more manageable. It just seems wrong though ... putting a Bay Rum scent into a spray bottle. If any scent out there should be applied via splash, it's Bay Rum. Just doesn't seem right - spraying it on. But you can't argue with the fact that an atomizer is so much easier to deal with. The product goes on, either way ... I guess it doesn't matter. It will smell the same whether you splash it on or spray it on .... it's not like it's an expensive product anyway.

Very nice Bay Rum scent ... I feel like I'm on a tropical island already.

- Dave
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
I was lucky enough to get a decant from Kyle. He sent me a very generous atomizer of this unique scent. This Bay Rum is quite unique in that Lime is part of the equation. A very nice scent because of the addition of Lime. Unfortunately, it only last 2 hours on my person. Nevertheless, a worthwhile purchase.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
proxy.php

Price - At about $1.60 an ounce, this is a very value priced cologne.

Packaging - This cologne wasn't given a rating for packaging, because what you see is what you get. Despite the lack of a box, the bottle that it comes in is kind of cool. The only down side to the bottle is that it an open-mouth bottle which can make application a little bit messy or wasteful. After a few applications, I decided to decant this cologne into an atomizer and have been very pleased with the results.

Scent - This is probably the most pleasing Bay Rum scent that I have smelled to date, and it is made even better by the compliment of Lime. Additionally, I was very pleased to find that the added lime scent is authentic and not the fakey smell that you can commonly find in some lower priced colognes.

Staying Power - This is the Achilles heel of the product. For me, this cologne will only last 2-3 hours tops.

Quality - I find this to be a top notch product with limitations that are acceptable when realizing it's extremely low price.

Overall - This is definitely a product that I will keep in stock. The scent is excellent, and for the price, I have no problem keeping a small atomizer on my person for reapplication as needed.

For discussion of this review, go to this thread.
Top Bottom