What's new

Domenico Caraceni 1913

a very classy scent that for a floral type can be worn by a man, very bottle worthy and lifts the spirts when one is out and about in the dark of night, i need a neck to suck on!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Obtained this as a sample from Luckyscent as my first rose scent ever tested. I have to say it was pretty much love at second wearing. I was unsure how rose would work as a masculine scent, but DC speaks nothing but masculine and sophisticated. I ended up ordering a bottle.

On initial blast I get some citrus and germanium, but this quickly dries down to a Rose, tobacco, incense type of fragrance. Staying power is superb. The bottle is elegant and classy.

I recently sampled C&S 88 and DC to me is completely different and I somewhat prefer it to 88, though 88 is definitely bottle worthy IMO as well.

This is truly a great rose fragrance and something that will become my baseline for comparing others in the future.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I received my bottle yesterday from Lucky Scents and all I can say is that I love this unique scent. Marco bests describes it:
"The 1913 is, as just stated above, a unique fragrance. And it’s also unconventional. Its scent is, in fact, of rose and rose scents are generally associated with women’s perfumes. Not this time. This rose is different, totally masculine, totally superior, totally sublime. It develops hints of tobacco, geranium and incense. It is an outstanding cologne with a superb staying power. It is the highest expression of true refinement and timeless elegance. For perfect gentlemen, Domenico Caraceni 1913. "

This is my bottle - old or new/
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Domenico Caraceni is a legendary name. In the illustrious history of Italian tailoring no one else has ever had the prestige, the glory and the fame of this great Maestro. And no one else will probably ever have in the future. Domenico Caraceni started his activity in Rome in 1913. Success was immediate. New ateliers were opened in Milan and Paris during the 1930’s and the Caraceni brand conquered the European and American high fashion’s market. Caraceni’s classic suits were “made one at a time, by hand, to a pattern specifically drawn for each individual customer”. And this world renowned label dressed even several generations of Kings in Italy. Other celebrities that later wore Caraceni’s beautiful creations were Gary Cooper, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grand and, recently, the Prince of Wales, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and Prince Rainier of Monaco.
When the company decided to introduce their own perfumery line, expectations were clearly very high. And it was an incredible success, with a full range of top shelf products that really did not disappoint. The item that had the greatest appreciation in Italy was certainly the cologne, a truly unique signature fragrance that is, still today, a best seller among top quality, sought after perfumes. And it’s also my absolute favourite. This gem comes housed in a very fine, elegant, classic 100 ml glass bottle and is packed in a simple, nice, traditional cardboard box. It costs, here in Rome, around € 70, which I consider a good price for such an exclusive, top notch product. The 1913 is, as just stated above, a unique fragrance. And it’s also unconventional. Its scent is, in fact, of rose and rose scents are generally associated with women’s perfumes. Not this time. This rose is different, totally masculine, totally superior, totally sublime. It develops hints of tobacco, geranium and incense. It is an outstanding cologne with a superb staying power. It is the highest expression of true refinement and timeless elegance. For perfect gentlemen, Domenico Caraceni 1913.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Price: Not bad. $110 for 100ml.

Quality: Good.

Packaging: Great bottle design.

Scent: I get rose, cinnamon, and baby powder. Smells great when applied lightly.

Complexity; Not very complex, pretty linear from start to finish.

Staying Power: About 6 hours

Quality of Atomizer: Sampled from vial.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
WhiteKnight;1814531 said:
I believe this is what Dracula would wear. :001_tongu An absolutely fantastic rose scent and one of the very few floral fragrances I actually like.

:thumbup1:
proxy.php
I believe this is what Dracula would wear. :001_tongu An absolutely fantastic rose scent and one of the very few floral fragrances I actually like.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Domenico Caraceni 1913 is one of the best mens' fragrance with a rose element that I have ever owned. It is outstanding in cold weather when the rose, incense and cinnamon-like notes pops like mad. It is elegant, sophisticated, subtle and gentlemanly. The film coming off the bottle is annoying, but it does not adversely impact the fragrance. The bottle has been redesigned and is much more handsome now and perhaps the quality of the film on the cover has improved.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Domenico Caraceni is a fine Italian tailoring firm established in 1913. This is their entree into the male fragrance world, and it's a cult hit.

This is elegance in a bottle. You don't need to be wearing a tux, but you'd best be pretty well turned out. This one doesn't go with khakis or jeans imo.

It's often compared to another B&B favorite, C&S No. 88. They are somewhat similar, but for my money, this one is skosh classier, more potent and masculine. As I dove into the world of Basenotes and B&B, I researched a lot of male rose frags, and this one came out on top for me.

One of the reviews I read said this is the frag that Dracula would wear as he slipped through the night. How could I resist trying something like that?
It would totally work with a cape for sure.

It's considered a chypre, and I can't explain what that is (but I CAN pronounce it). It starts with an odd, strong citrus blast and morphs into a fantastic masculine rose, tobacco and incense scent- rose and incense dominate to my nose.

Very intense middle notes with a great rose quietly lurking there IF you're paying attention.

The dry down is great. My nose is pretty dense, but longevity is probably better than average. It's a little light at the end of a work day, but I can still smell it.

This one's not only a bit pricey, it's hard to find. Maybe they sell it in the Italian versions of 7-11, but as of this writing, Lucky Scent is the only source I know of. About the same price as No. 88 through Cambridge Chemists. Don't even get me started on the shave cream they also make- wow.

It has a bit of a cult following for a reason. This is a great frag if the descriptions above appeal to you. It's both serious and sexy, but not casual. I've got a lot of frags, and this is one I'd rescue from a burning bathroom cabinet. It's the only frag I re-bought before my first bottle was empty. It's odd distribution network scares me that it might disappear.

The difficulty of obtaining this works for and against it. It's highly unlikely you're going to run into other men wearing it and it gets noticed often. It's more than a little fun to envision those who have asked me about it going into Macys or Sephora to try and find it.

One annoying quirk if you're finicky about the bottles, the gray film on the bottle seems to peel near the atomizer. It doesn't effect the juice, but they really should handle this.

Top notes are neroli (citrus) and styrax (resin); middle notes are geranium and rose; base notes are tobacco, incense and cypress.
Top Bottom