What's new

Dolce & Gabbana EDT

My gf bought this for me about 3 years ago and we both still love it. Ive gotten more complements wearing this scent then any other. Its a wonderful clean masculine citrus/woodsy/tobacco scent and it lasts forever! One spray after my morning shower and I still can smell it at night when i go to bed. IMO even at full retail of $70 its a bargain the 4.2oz bottle lasts for years.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is a light EDT with a slightly warm scent. The scent is unoffensive and unobtrusive and can be worn in both professional and social situaitons. In my opinion, the EDT is simultaniously classic and contemporary. Also, the GF likes it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Very good EDT to wear for evening. I say this because there does not seem to be much staying power. The scent is lovely and strong when first applied but just does not last. Very complex, but for the reasons stated is a little over priced.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
To make a long story short this is a great scent for the while collar office worker. It is not so strong as to blast the cube\office next to you, but still provides a scent that draws a smile. That to me is key. I recently made the switch from Drakkar to this scent and I am very happy. Yes, it is spendy; however, a little goes a LONG way so it will last awhile. I had to use twice as much Drakkar to get the same level of scent. In the end this will actually cost me less.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Perusing several scents of interest at a local Sephora, I was approached by one of the sales persons, a friendly soul, and asked if I needed any help. I told her I preferred clean and crisp masculine scents, or ones with a soapy nature such as Gendarme, and she expertly directed me to several of their offerings. None of them really grabbed me. At this point in my life (58), a scent must really get my attention in some way (as opposed to my teenage years when I would try virtually any scent in the hopes it would induce one of the opposite sex to intimacy:w00t:). As I was finishing the sampling and enjoying a nice conversation, she said, "You know, you just might like this one," and handed me the D&G pour Homme. This one grabbed me -- subtle and yet quite distinct, masculine, evoking a sense of optimism and calm, and a scent that doesn't blast out but speaks with quiet authority. I am not as concerned with the top notes nor of individual components and accords -- for me, it is the emotional response -- and this one made me smile. :biggrin:. A lot!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Picture a fresh citrus grove, where the overall-wearing pickers are smiling and happy. A lemon from this tree! An orange from that tree! Is that a lime? Mango perhaps? Put them all in a basket intricately woven from the finest summer reeds, maybe with a piece of fruit spilling over onto the spring earth, with the scent of the orchard wafting skyward.

D&G is not that fragrance.

Instead, it's the fragrance of men in caves rolling tobacco. Except it's a cave with a Renuzit lemon Plug-in (tm) that releases the felt lemon-simulated felt fabric thingie. Nevermind how these musky men plug an Airwick air freshener into a cave. The dank tobacco overpowers it in the tug-o-war.

Lest you think this is something akin to a Creed Tabarone... in his heavenly slumber, Winston Churchill just got nauseated from the cave-emanating rancid citrus cigar-like odor and called room service, complete with Hermann Göring in a maid's uniform tending to the stench.

For summery citrus, stick to Bois de Cedrat.

Of course, your mileage may vary.
Storm
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This stuff really is fantastic. I've been using it almost exclusively for 5 years. It's my wife's favorite and a bottle goes a long way.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Just picked up a bottle, loved it. wonderful scent fades from a complex mix to a delightful musk. in the last few days i cannot count the amount of compliments i have received while wearing it. :w00t:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This scent is truly one-of-a-kind. It is light and fresh, but with a masculine peppery/muskiness. I haven't smelled any other fragrance like this one. If you are looking for a unique warm weather scent that isn't on the floral side of things, look no further. Many, many compliments from the ladies.:smile:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is another classic scent. Sophisticated is the right word for this one. The citrus top notes are quite subtle for me, I would have liked for them to be a bit stronger but then this would be another citrussy scent and while it holds some of those notes, its mix of complexity and appeal serve it perfectly.

Its a noticeable scent with good staying power. There is some sweetness to it but not overly done which could ruin a good scent. It keeps its balance between the two worlds of spice and sweetness.

The ladies do like this one for sure. This is one that stands out alone in the crowd. I have not experienced something that smells similar to this.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Dolce & Gabbana Pour homme

Top Notes
* Bergamot, Mandarin, Orange, Neroli, Lemon,
Middle Notes
* Natural Lavender, Sage, Tarragon, Cardamom, Pepper,
Base Notes
* Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Tonka bean, Musk, Tobacco, Iris, Cumarin

Price: at 56€ for 125ml, this is a steal.
Quality: not sure what is meant here, but I imagine that P&G's Prestige Beauté division knows what it's doing.
Packaging: ok, nice velvet lined box, classy
Scent: a mini-poll conducted by myself revealed that this scent is a winner with the ladies, so I'm wearing this whenever I have to please my lady/the ladies...:biggrin:
Complexity: see basenotes above, a rather complex and sophisticated scent, clearly well engineered, sexy
Staying power: well above average, never intrusive
Quality of atomizer: ok

When launched, this fragrance won all three awards at the International Academy Awards of The Academia del Profumo. (Best Fragrance, Best Packaging and Best Advertising) (source: basenotes).

I love this Eau de Toilette.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Great product in terms of quality and manufacturing. However, when it comes to smell, very subjective, this EDT is terrible for me on my skin. :a46: tried it once and couldn't use it again. Still, I envy it's staying power, I wish Creed Fragrances had it. Kinda fresh and sweet at the same time,
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is one of my regular rotation colognes that is used in conjunction with a complex fragranced cream or soap, (ie-Mr. Taylor, Tabac)..

The short story: this stuff is wonderful. It has a fragrance like no other I've ever smelled. This cologne reminds me of the Penhaligon's fragrances in the sense that it has different aromas as the day progresses. The staying power of this EDT is insane, very much akin to Knize Ten. Gents, ONE spritz will do it, making the value incredible. One bottle should last you a long long time. Upon the first spritz, one really gathers the top notes of lemon & citrus, coupled with a infusion of cedar and tobacco. Intoxicating is all I can say. As the day goes on, the lavender notes come out and as the day comes to a close, it ends with a nice soft hint of musk.

It's not cheap, retail will run you around $70, but as per usual, it can be found cheaper online. It has a very manly, attractive bottle. Short with a metal placard, and a simple designed bottle cap. The atomizer is well designed with a nice quality spray.

As we head towards Autumn, if you are looking for a superb new fragrance to add to your lineup, give this one a shot. You won't be disappointed.

Check out the discussion thread here
Top Bottom