What's new

Diptyque Tam Dao

Item Description

Considered to be one of the best of the purer sandalwood fragrances. So far, it's my favorite cologne.

It's soothing and refreshing; a dry sandalwood and a fabulous scent; I didn't give it a 10, but I haven't smelled a 10 yet. I also think it could be used in any season or just about any occasion. It is rather linear though, so if you're looking for complexity, this is not it.
Diptyque colognes don't come cheap (but they're excellent) so I'd suggest sampling it first, but if you're a fan of straight sandalwood frags, I can't imagine not really liking this one.

The packaging is refined to match the scent. No glitz here. Nice rectangular bottle with a very good atomizer.

Latest reviews

Just arrived from Amazon - bought it based on these reviews and a fondness for sandalwood.
At $88 for 50 ML it is a little expensive for me.
Scent does not impress initially (a little menthol I think), but starts to dry down to a very nice and dark aroma quickly - I really like it!:thumbup:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Goa sandalwood, rosewood, cypress, ambergris

Surprisingly this is much lighter than I expected compared to Santal Noble. It's a nice fresh scent that doesn't overdo the smoky aspects of Sandalwood. Ambergris is definitely one of my favorite basenotes. It makes everything more like the outdoors and fresh. The tangy cypress adds another aspect I like. This is my favorite sandalwood I've tried so far. It's not perfect though. The sillage and longevity aren't as good as others for the price but scent, while it lasts, is truely wonderful.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is my first sandalwood based off of reviews. I do love it, but I was hoping it would be a little more forward in strength and earthiness. As I said I do love it though! It is very elegant and woodsy in a subtle alluring kinda way. It is great all year around especially the fall! It has a smell that makes me very personally content while wearing it. For my taste I usually have to give myself around 3 to 4 sprays and at $88 for 50ml, that seems a little crazy. I do suggest it, though I feel you may be able to find something similar at less than half the price...quality may be less. I will be looking for other sandalwoods that have more strength and cheaper next time, but am happy to have this one to compare others to. It is sandalwood at its essence and purest form. Because of it being in pure form, it isn't a complex cologne to me but not a bad thing at all. To me I think of complexity as something changing from one form to another, but still resembling its own nature. To me Tam Dao is part of nature, but doesn't really change form so I graded sort of low. It is something to rely on. Packaging and atomizer are great BTW
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
BarryR
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from BarryR

Top Bottom