What's new

Diptyque L'Eau de Hesperides

I also got a sample of this and gave it a try. I sprayed it on and immediately recognized the scent - celery. The scent lingered on me for quite awhile. So if you like celery this is definitely the cologne for you. Otherwise, stay clear.
This is a spotty review since it is based on a sample sent me by Beauty Habit. It came in a 2mL atomizer, so I cannot comment on Diptyques packaging or delivery.

I sprayed a bit on a piece of blotting paper and wow! This smells awesomely good. Opening with citrus note is always a good thing for me.

So I applied some to my wrist and let it settle. Again it started out great! This might be a keeper despite its rather high price of $150. Of course that is for 200ml, so it's not as bad as it seems in comparison to, say, Penhaligons.

However after just a few minutes the citrus was gone to be replaced by a very familiar scent. An overwhelmingly familiar scent. Hmmm, what IS that????

Celery! Yup. Very definitely celery. And it's not shy about it either.

So if you like celery, this if for you. It is definitely not for me, and a quick visit to the loo and some scrubbing with Lava soap takes care of that!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)