What's new

Dettol Fresh Lather Shaving Cream

dettol is a very old name in disinfectants....much like hexol liquid in the u.s....they branched out into bar soap awhile back and had tremendous success,and now they have several other items....that very light medicinal scent is supposed to be there,to mimic the original liquid ..the bar soap has it as well...this is very nice shave cream,and a really thrifty price for a big tube...I got mine from desistores.net ,and if you are buying more than 6 varieties of creams,blades,talc etc.,the price EVEN WITH SHIPPING,is a steal !
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is excellent stuff. The only thing that lets it down is the strengh of the scent. It has a nice citrus scent in the tube, but it isn't strong enough when you lather it on.

The quality of the later is fantastic, produces a lather equal to creams that are 5 or 6 times the price.

I would have any problems recommending this cream to anyone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I got the Dettol and was really suprised by it as previously stated it lathers insanely, if you can't lather this stuff just give up it's scent reminds me of pinesol except it is not strong it's more a hint of a piney scent. I've gotten smooth comfortable shaves from it. I'd reccomend it to anyone to use as a good everyday cream
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I found this in an asian market for $2.99 a tube.

After not using it much, I found the tube recently and tried it again.

It really produces a rich, buttery lather---very slick and effective. I get a great shave with Dettol.

Smell is citrusy---someone described it as artificial or clinical---which is fair. But it certainly does smell good to me and "Fresh" is an accurate moniker.
There is a hint of fresh pine in it, too which I like as well.

I did get a bit of soapy burn sensation with this---esp. on my lips. But using some tallow or lanolin soap under it helps with this. Its not bad.

I once super lathered with Dettol and VDH---it was really impressive.

This would be a great regular cream for someone on a budget, if you could find it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Scored some of the Dettol Fresh at an Indian Mart, thanks to a tip from a fellow B&B member.

At four bucks a tube, it's a great product.

Has a nice, lime scent that's has a medicine edge to it. Not really a "chill" sensation, but nice and fresh. Would make a nice choice in warmer weather, but not out of place in the Winter, either.

Lots of lather, and it provides enough cushion and glide for a good shave. Tended to get dry by the third pass, but adding water to the brush solved that.

Doesn't leave the skin feeling dry or oily.

One of the few creams I have that isn't in an old school metal tube.

I'd love to try the Dettol Cool and find a source for the Indian Old Spice creams locally, but I'm glad to know I can get the Dettol Fresh around here.

Because of a ban on Tom's of Maine mint imposed by the wife, this will be taking up that spot in the rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
While looking for Godrej, I saw this on the shelf of a local Indian market. $4 for a 91g tube? Sold.

The packaging is a basic plastic tube; nothing special but efficient.

The lathering for this product is absolutely insane. You will get mounds of thick lather, enough for many passes. A moderate amount of product gave me enough for four passes with room to spare.

The scent is lime, more of an artificial lime than (say) GFT, but it is pleasant, and absolutely explodes once you start lathering. Mmmm, lime. It lingers even after the shave. I keep thinking "spring."

The product applies well on the face, doesn't dry out the skin, and makes for a clean, comfortable shave.

Overall, an excellent product, especially at the price point.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)