What's new

Dettol Cool Lather Shaving Cream

Pros: Great lather, not too strong of smell
Out of all the shaving creams I have used that is not made by Proraso, this is my favorite. My face absolutely loved this cream!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I agree with the first reviews. Tried for the first time today and pleasantly surprised. Great lather, protection and cooling sensation. Very close shave with 3 passes. A perfect match with Aqua Velva:biggrin1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
First I'll say I found this to be a good cream that gives a good shave. But I think I had a tube from an "off" batch or something - my cream doesn't look like the stuff out of the tube in the photos above, and it's menthol content is nothing near what the other two reviews say (and yes, it IS Dettol "Cool"). True, I'm a serious menthol head, and I've also been using an artisan cream that is positively arctic; even so I can still feel the cooling from Godrej and Ingram in the comparison, but the Dettol comes up far short for me. From my own feeling, I found it to have about the same cooling as Proraso, and maybe a little less. As I said in the beginning, otherwise, this is a very nice cream with good lather and a pleasant scent, fairly slippery, just not the menthol I was looking for, and of course there's my "bad batch" theory. My auntie liked the scent, and I gave her the rest of the tube to use on her legs.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Dettol Cool is part of a number of cream samples purchased from The Shave Den store during the past month. This product is the last of the seven or eight samples, all unfamiliar to me, utilized. As of this writing I have shaved twice with this cream and have found it to be a remarkably useful and pleasant cream lather.

One reason that I left this cream to last in my sampling rotation was the strength of the scent upon sniffing the substance when received. It seemed overwhelming, not unpleasant, but intense and overpowering. Once, however, applied via a face lathering, I was greeted by a cooling sensation and a moist, soothing blanket of lather that provided four effortless passes leaving my skin so smooth that the alum block treatment confirmed that there were no exposing, even tiny breaks in the skin.

Best of all, this cream left a cool and comforting effect that has persisted over several hours.

I cannot describe the scent of Dettol Cool with specificity. The initial, penetrating rush from the sample jar was dispursed into a pervasive ambiance, upon application, that brings to my mind memories of sipping lime water on a Maine or New Hampshire beach in August.

In summary, my experience with Dettol Cool is comparable to that of the gentlerman who provided the photographs to enhance his most positive review of this cream.

I am very pleased to be introduced to this cream after more than 50 years of wet shaving.

John
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I picked two tubes of this cream up from an online Indian merchant. Just Google "Dettol cool lather" and it'll take you to the site. I was absolutely blown away by the cooling factor. It is on par with My Time Bath and Body's menthol shaving cream. Three hours later, this stuff was STILL working its cooling magic on my skin. Proraso? Noxzema? Ingram? No, menthol heads. Dettol Cool. Those are the only two words you need to remember from now on.

The only downside which really isn't a downside is the cream tends to dispense from the tube a tad on the dry side. I tried to dispense some cream the size of a peanut, but it broke, which is why you see the two globs of cream in the picture. So, for this reason, when you work the cream into a lather, add a few drops more water than you would with other creams.

The lather is fantastic. It goes on very well, does not dry out your face, and softens the stubble quickly.

As I said earlier, I bought two tubes of this cream. The cost? $12.72 US including shipping. You can't go wrong. If you can't find this stuff via Google as I mentioned, PM me, and I'll send you the direct link to the merchant.

Pete

P.S. For some reason, the review never saved my ratings. 10 out of 10 in every category. This stuff is THAT good.
Top Bottom