What's new

Deluxe Shaving Soap

Pros: Low price good lather
Found that if I soak this in the mug while showering it softens it enough to load the brush nicely.
I put just enough water in mug to cover it then when done with shower dump water and load brush.I bowl lather and my badger brush will hold plenty of lather for one pass on head and 3 on my face.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Cost is cheap and gives good protection.
Cons: Hard to lather no scent
This is the first soap I purchased when I started wet shaving, so I did not know much about lathering soaps correctly. When I used this soap as a puck I was having a lot of trouble getting it to lather. I tried several boar brushes and got decent shaves. I have read that you need to use a hard brush to use this soap, but I haven't put this to the test.

After wet shaving now for about 4 months, I have tried different techniques. I have found that grating the soap into a shave stick works a lot better. I got a lot more soap on my face and got a better lather. I did a second pass and it lathered a bit better. It was not super thick but I did get a comfortable shave. My face felt very smooth and felt I didn't even need an aftershave because it feels like you have a smooth coat of protection. This soap has no scent. It almost smells like Ivory soap.

If you are going to use it as a puck you might not get a good lather or work as well. My recommendation is to try it as a shave stick.

I give this stick 6.5/10
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing