What's new

D.R. Harris Lavender

Item Description

Price: More than Trumper's, less than Castle Forbes. Works for me, especially since my tub is far denser than Trumper's and goes a long, long way. I only ever need half as much.

Quality: Top-notch. This is upper-upper English, deservedly priced above the three Ts in my opinion.

Scent: Pure lavender. Not having tried Castle Forbes I can't say it's the best on the market, but it's fantastic, and this is from a guy that doesn't particularly like floral scents to start with. It's neither powdery nor feminine; it just smells like gardens. Definitely a Spring or early Summer scent.

Latherability: Straightforward. Not as rich as Coate's, but a step above T&H or Trumper's. Favourably comparable to Taylor's.

Efficacy: One of the best creams out there, period. There's no "slick" scum like a soap tends to produce, and there's no massive cushion like Trumper's Coconut. This cream doesn't have a distinctive feature, other than that it produces consistent BBS shaves with ease.

Moisturizing Properties: Quite good. While not exactly hydrating, the cream doesn't dry your face out either. A pleasant splash is all that's necessary afterwards.

Packaging: Meh. It's a tub.

Please discuss this review HERE.

Latest reviews

After being shied away from T&H by being informed the shaving cream consistency is the same as Trumper's (thin and quite light), I did not want to risk shaving with another cream except Taylor's all the way because of its thick consistency until now.

Firstly I used the D.R. Harris shaving soap which was wonderful stuff, then I tried this cream hoping it would be just as thick out of the tub as Taylor's - and it was, hugely. This lavender cream in particular also has the most profound perfect lavender scent grown in England, and it stays this way even when fully lathered up on your face in, which, of course it does beautifully.

Overall a very clean shave indeed and good overall moisturising properties. As a user of Taylor's, I will always be using D.R. Harris now all the time and no doubt their full men’s grooming range. I strongly suggest people to visit their shop at 29 St. James's Street, London, it is a real treat to visit. My conclusion is a very high-grade shaving cream, I will purchase all other three creams on a special occasion such as visiting their wonderful shop again.

D R Harris and Taylor’s are the finest shaves about at the moment.
Very pleasant smell and nice leathering and goes a long way so pretty good value always meant to try other scents but as yet have not got round to it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
the lathering is perfect : only a pinch to...
the scent is realy good , it pop from the...

this cream is 1 of my top 3 favorite (tabac , dr harris - lavendar , trumper - rose)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)