What's new

D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk

While I am mainly a splash user I wanted to try this stuff for some time so when I saw shaving.ie had it in stock I couldn't resist. This along with musgo and proraso balms are the only ones I use because they are not greasy or oily and when applied, they absorb instantly and leaves your face healty looking and moisturized. I like the scent of this also, kind of floral, maybe a slight rose scent, doesn't last very long though. Abit expensive but I don't mind too much when you get a quality product like this.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
It has quickly become my favorite, the standard I now judge the other balms and milks on. Absorbs quickly, leaves my face non-greasy and soft, calms my skin down after a not so stellar shave, what more can I ask for? The scent is not at the top of my list, but it's not bad either, I can definitely tolerate it given the performance of the milk and the smell doesn't seem to linger long. Not cheap, but it doesn't matter how much it costs because a bottle lasts a long time, it really only takes 2-3 drops for each shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Well its all been said on the previous posts. This product is AMAZING, hands down the best stuff PERIOD. :thumbup:

This product does its job effectively and efficiently without any sticky or greasy residue. My skin feels like a million bucks, coupled with a BBS and I've achieved shaving nirvana. :w00t:

The scent is obviously floral, which I wasn't in love with, however it doesn't last long (20 minutes) and won't over power your cologne.

Once finished I will definitely have to give the D R Harris Arlington AS milk a try, as its a fragrance I enjoy more. However if its not available I won't hesitate in purchasing another bottle of the Rose. There's no need to continue searching for a better product, I've found it here with D R Harris.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have the pump didpenser, needs 3-4 squirts per application. Nice thickness, not thin like Joel's bottle. I'll be more cautious of future purchases when refilling -- will have to pop into DRH in town and check the contents in store.

It smells curiously like Johnson's baby moisturiser, quite floral actually, but this scent passes quickly so I have no problem in using an after-shave or cologne before leaving home in the morning.

It is light, non-greasy, and leaves my face soft and smooth. I prefer this to my GFT limes skin food which seems to leave a sticky residue.
D
Really like this stuff...good scent, moisturizing etc.. Price is only drawback
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
After two years, it's still my favorite AS.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use it daily, and dispense it from a soap dispenser, one pump does the face quite nicely.

I've never understood the complaints about the thickness of the new formulation; it uses a water base so you can thin it out to whatever consistency you prefer. This makes it go a little farther, and eases some of the sting of the price.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use it daily. I prefer unscented products and the scent is gone in minutes. Seems to do the job well without greasy feeling you get from some creams and gels.

I use Nivea in the shower for head shaving. Does a good job on the frequent cuts and burn and it's cheap.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
joel said:
Gents,
For some reason DR Harris products tend to be quite mysterious, in that many gents use them, but the vast majority of us talk about them rather infrequently, and their products are rarely photographed or reviewed. DR Harris a/s milk is their most talked about item - and hopefully I will be able to unlock a bit of the mystery!

As you can see above, the product comes in a nice, well made, handsome - yet simple box. On the back there is a little story of the creation of DR Harris.

Pic of ingredients

Nice - double lined box...

Head on....

"Milky" product

Back of bottle...

Front of bottle...

Review:
It is my opinion that DR Harris a/s milk is wonderful stuff - but with that said, I also feel it is a bit overrated. It has somewhat of a muddled, disjointed fragarance to it, and it is a bit difficult/tricky to apply, and I typically find myself using too much of it, hence resulting in an oily residue. It soothes the skin rather well, and feel wonderful as you apply it.... this is certainly among the "best" aftershave products, but what REALLY slaughters this product is its cost... it is just too expensive, as most DR Harris products are. This is in no way superior to C&E a/s balm, Proraso liquid cream, proraso pre/post, or CAR a/s moisture cream, and all of the aformentioned products will last longer - and end up being a much better value than the DR Harris a/s milk. I would say the DR Harris is on par with the proraso liquid cream, pre/post and C&E, but it simply can't touch CAR's moisture cream... but then again, what can?

Joel

Enjoyed reading your review.I could not help but notice when I bought the 150ml glass bottle of shaving milk it was like water.But when I bought the 600ml refill plastic bottle it was a lot thicker, there was a big difference.

Alan
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I bought a 2 oz squeeze bottle in walgreens, now i can squeeze out just the right amount and no waste.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This old formulation was really great stuff. Too bad it's gone.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I have the version with the pump dispenser. The dispenser is annoying, but preferable to dumping it out. This is my go-to after-shave product. Simply wonderful stuff.
Joel:

Nice review. I agree with you totally. I have a difficult time dosing it correctly because just about the time I think I have the right amount in my hand, it just pours out and I now find myself with a handfull! It ranks among my favorites however and is a top notch aftershave.

Jerry
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
P1010081.JPG

Gents,
For some reason DR Harris products tend to be quite mysterious, in that many gents use them, but the vast majority of us talk about them rather infrequently, and their products are rarely photographed or reviewed. DR Harris a/s milk is their most talked about item - and hopefully I will be able to unlock a bit of the mystery!

As you can see above, the product comes in a nice, well made, handsome - yet simple box. On the back there is a little story of the creation of DR Harris.

P1010082.JPG

Pic of ingredients
P1010086.JPG

Nice - double lined box...
P1010087.JPG

Head on....
P1010088.JPG

"Milky" product
P1010089.JPG

Back of bottle...
P1010091.JPG

Front of bottle...
P1010092.JPG

Review:
It is my opinion that DR Harris a/s milk is wonderful stuff - but with that said, I also feel it is a bit overrated. It has somewhat of a muddled, disjointed fragarance to it, and it is a bit difficult/tricky to apply, and I typically find myself using too much of it, hence resulting in an oily residue. It soothes the skin rather well, and feel wonderful as you apply it.... this is certainly among the "best" aftershave products, but what REALLY slaughters this product is its cost... it is just too expensive, as most DR Harris products are. This is in no way superior to C&E a/s balm, Proraso liquid cream, proraso pre/post, or CAR a/s moisture cream, and all of the aformentioned products will last longer - and end up being a much better value than the DR Harris a/s milk. I would say the DR Harris is on par with the proraso liquid cream, pre/post and C&E, but it simply can't touch CAR's moisture cream... but then again, what can?
Top Bottom