What's new

Czech & Speake Frankincense and Myrrh

I can't write a review such as the previous in this thread, that I like a lot. But I have this cologne too and I love it too. For me it's a true manly scent, deep, powerful, bitter, ... As other C&S scents the notes of amber and wood are waiting its time. I think that's not an easy to wear fragrance, but if you like you go to like it very much.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all."

Edgar Allen Poe had it right, you think. Here you are, creaky joints and all, up in the attic poring over old mementos like the doddering old man you are. What's this? An old photo album, grimed with the years. Blowing the dust off it, you sneeze from the sweet, cloying, resinous scent. Or is it the book? Leafing through it further, past the tattered photos of times gone by, you come across a flower pressed in the pages. Pungent, old pollen rises from it. A memory of lost love, captured in a fragile, dessicated bloom. A teardrop falls... is it yours? Or is it time itself weeping for the past? The Red Death indeed; time laughs at all of us until eventually we are dust and memory.
OK, enough of that :rolleyes:. This is one intense, unusual scent, and like #88, should be sampled before purchase. It is intensely aromatic, powdery, and resinous. There is also a very strong citrus note, perhaps bitter orange, mixed in. The scent triggers strong notions of old books, flowers, etc. as you can tell from my little story. Do I like it? Sometimes. When I first got it, I really wore it a lot. Then over time I found it too cloying, almost gagging. It is one to be applied lightly unless you don't like other people near you.

For those who do like the F&M combination, you will find that the QED shave stick is almost a dead ringer for the cologne. That is also an inexpensive way to try it out, and at the same time get one of Charles' fine soaps at the same time.

If you are an adventurous type, give this cologne a try. It definitely won't be mistaken for CK One. :lol:

You can discuss this review here.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power