What's new

Cyril R. Salter Mint

I liked this cream - a lot. It shaves nice and smooth, and the lather is top notch.

I've also tried the sublime scent; to me, the mint smells good but the sublime smells awesome! If interested in Salter, I'd recommend the sublime over mint -based on scent alone as both are great shavers- but heck; try both!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This was one of the first creams that I tried and I keep coming back to it. I get consistant lathering results time and time again and it provides a great cushioned shave that feels great.

Talking of 'feel', I tend to feel the mint rather than smell it, it provides a very cool and comfortable shave.

Recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

Price: Compared to the other luxury creams (3 T's, C. Forbes, Etc.) it's right in line, if not below the costs. The tub is huge (6.7 oz) so you get plenty of cream for your buck. It's just not the $4-5 KMF and Tom's mint creams are.

Quality: Great stuff, love the texture and consistency of this product. I've always thought quality kind of falls under what's in it, so below is the picture of the ingredients.
displayimage.php

Pretty standard for your high end creams, and it provides a comfortable, slick shave. It's not like Nancy Boy or Taylor's Avocado as far as having aloe, and other oils (coco, avocado, etc.) that provide a real cushioned comfortable shave, but it's close.
displayimage.php

Scent: Always a subjective thing, but I love the scent of Salter Mint. It's very light and refreshing, not the "I'm being assaulted by a peppermint patty" feeling you can get with other mint scented products. For those who enjoy smaller hints of fragrance, rather than olafactory assaults, this is a good product for you

Latherability: All the Salter's creams I use lather great, and the same. They truly make a remarkably consistent product. As with the majority of creams, you just need a bit to work up more than enough lather. I won't do a step by step swirling process, but below are the results.
This much cream...
displayimage.php

whips up this much lather (in roughly 30-45 seconds)
displayimage.php

that goes on like this
displayimage.php

If you need more proof look here.
Note: I've personally noticed with the salter creams that your first few swirls start to spew really foamy, bubbly lather, which can make you think "oops, didn't shake enough water from the brush." Just keep going, and before you know it, those bubbles will be gone, and you'll have nice thick lather.

Efficacy: This stuff gives you a slick, cushioned shave that feels and looks great. It doesn't provide the cushion or moisturizing of a Taylor's Avocado or Nancy Boy, but it gets the job done, and done well.

Moisturizing Properites: Again, does the job, but not the best in the business. It's hard to take anything away from this cream, because I enjoy it (and all the salter's I've used) tremendously, but there's more moisturizing creams out there if that's what you're looking for in a shaving cream. If you ask me, leave the moisturizing to the balms and Aftershaves.

Packaging: I love the looks of these tubs, way better than the PVC junk from GFT and Taylor's. It would have scored a 10 if the Label was etched on to white container rather than stuck on. Still very handsome looking and again, take a look at the pic and decide for yourself.

Overall: As a whole brand, Salter's is my favorite of the english creams I've tried. Their product is remarkably consistent, gives a great shave, and you get plenty of it. The scents I've tried are fantastic, and as far as the Mint specifically goes, this is my favorite of all the Mint creams I've tried. Espeically nice in the summer, this light scented cream, and all Salter creams, definitely come highly recommended from THIS guy. :thumbup:

If you want to discuss this review Go Here
Top Bottom