What's new

Cyril R Salter Limes

This is an excellent cream. I love the scent of lime. The scent is pleasant but not overpowering, bordering on almost too weak. Lathers extremely well and is super slick. For the price, this gives the 3 Ts good competition.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Included with my order from Bullgooseshaving.net was a sample of Cyril R. Salter Essential Lime, which came in a small plastic sample container.

Price: This was a sample, but looking at the pricing, it seems to be fair given the amount of cream in each tub.
Quality: The sample is small, but I used very little of it for a 3-pass shave. I think I can conservatively get at least 3 more 3-pass shaves out of it.
Scent: I really like the scent of limes, but I found the scent of this cream to be too light, I would have enjoyed a stronger lime scent. Perhaps a full tub has a more powerful scent?
Latherability: Applied only a small amount to my face and brush with my index finger given the small sample container, but the lather was phenomenal. Very easy to generate a thick coating.
Efficacy: I found this cream to generate a very thick, slick coating which allowed the blade to glide very well. Very comfortable shave.
Moisturing Prop: I did not find that it dried my face at all.
Packaging: Sample package so I can't comment on what normal packaging would be.

Overall, this is a great product that I will definitely purchase in the future. The lather was very easy to generate, and it was very thick and slick. I highly recommend this product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I am going to have to throw in a dissenting opinion here. I had really high hopes for this stuff. I ordered it from Classic Shaving and they sent me Castle Forbes lime instead. I should have kept the Castle Forbes, since I already have some and like it a lot. But honest Joe that I am, I returned it and had them send me the correct stuff.

Anyway, for the price you certainly get a lot of cream. It's a gorgeous whipped and thick consistency. But that's where the good part ends for me. The odor (I won't call it aroma) is nothing like lime in any way. It's not awful I guess, but I was looking forward to a shot of lime.

It whipped into an instant huge pile of very slick lather, more than enough for numerous passes. The scent was powerful and not all that pleasant. I applied it to my face anyway and started in with my Gillette slim adjustable with a once used Crystal blade.

Wow, it sure is slick. I am having a LOT of problems with the CTG stuff. And some irritation. Now my Gillette isn't my most comfortable razor. That spot goes to my Progress. But it hurt to shave at the corners of my mouth which doesn't happen with pretty much anything else. And it was hard to get close.

The stuff was also hard to remove from my face. There was a slick film left on my skin after rinsing several times. I had to work at it to get it off. I also had some left in my razor that just wanted to stay there. And I had to fight it out of my brush too.

Afterward my face sort of stung. All in all not a happy experience.

If you like it (and it's likely this is all just me), look for it on the sales forum after I have enough time in!:tongue:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Like other Cyril R Salter creams, the Limes scent doesn't disappoint. A dense lather, enough for several passes, is easily created using just a small amount. Excellent gliding properties, non-drying, and a great clean lime/citrus scent. Also for the same price that Taylors charges for a 150g bowl, you get a 165 gram bowl.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)