What's new

CVS INJECTOR BLADE aka PERSONNA

I bought 4 packs of these on clearance at CVS. Wish I'd bought more before they sold out of them. If only I'd known how much I'd like them.
They were $2.50 for a pack of 11 blades. They give me a great shave, and I've forgotten how many shaves I've gotten out of the one I'm currently using.
They're great blades for me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
For those who like these blades or just want to try them out, CVS will cease carrying them. Along with some other CVS blades including the CVS Atra cartidges, and the VDH boar brushes, all of the clearance items have been marked down 50%.

You can try these blades without making too much of a dent in your wallet. I think I've tapped out the 4 CVS stores near me...
I don't know how many stores this blade is branded under but I've now used up 2 packs of the CVS injectors. They're decent but it's possible they'd put someone off of injectors when it's really the blade's fault, not the razor's. That's what happened with me - I used some fine old Schick razors with new CVS blades and found them to be workable at best, nothing to draw me away from DEs. I thought it was the injector razor's fault and so wrote them off entirely for several months. It wasn't the razor's fault, but the blades.

The quality of CVS blades have, imo, varied from decently sharp to half-dull and painfully pulling. Also, the cartridge is a joke, as is frequently pointed out.

Just today, I bought a yellow 7 pack of Schick injector blades for under $5 at a local, non-chain drug store. They are FAR superior to the CVS blades. They make my old Schick injector shave as close (though not quite as smoothly) as the best DE while giving the feel and feedback of a SE. Best of both worlds, you could say. Schick's come in a solidly put together aluminum dispenser, too, one that won't flex and frighten you that it's about to collapse in your hand.

All in all, if you can find the Schick blades locally, or even if you can't but have to mail order them, it's worth it. These store brand ones don't compare.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Being new to the world of DE razors I have been trying out a variety of things. I recently received a 1979 Schick Golden 500 from a friend of mine and decided to give it a try. I live in a fairly small town, 16000 pop, and had a bit of a problem finding injector blades. Then I checked my local CVS. 5 bucks for 11 blades is not bad, great actually if you compare it to cartridges. Packaging is standard generic store brand packaging. No surprise there. As far as the blades themselves, meh. Maybe it is because I am not aware of how an injector should shave, maybe I got a crap blade, maybe the stars don't like me, but either way, I was not impressed. The blades seem sharp enough, but even after 4 passes I was still stubbly. One side of my neck was irritated, but the rest of my was fine, so I won't blame that on the blades. Is there some kind of trick to using an injector razor? It seems to shave more like my Mach 3 than the DE's I have been using for the past month. Others have suggested that the Chinese made Schicks are a better blade. Maybe if I have some spare cash after Christmas I might give those a try. The injector razor I have looks pretty sweet and it would be a shame not to use it just because I don't care for these blades.

Overall, I would say that these would do in a pinch, and that I would rather use these than go back to the cartridge style, but there has to be better options out there.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I bought mine from Pella and they have the same packaging. The blades are great; sharp and longlasting with no irritation on my skin. HOWEVER, the dispenser they come in is terrible. The handle you push to insert the blade in the razor tends to slide over the blade instead and getting a blade into the razor is a struggle, at least for me. Additionally, you have to be careful of the alignment. It tends to push the blade edge too far forward and it rubs against the nubs which keep the blade in place. When that happens the edge is dulled.

As I said, I like the blades, when I can get them in without problems, but have seriously thought of seeing if I can reload an old Gillette dispenser!
The quality of these isn't up that of the Chinese Schicks.

They're inexpensive - no shipping costs and easily found at CVS stores.

The quality was a little rough, while sharp, I just couldn't get a smooth shave with them. They "bite back" pretty aggressively.

The packaging, by that I mean the injector cartridge itself, is pretty cheap. It's plastic and it works OK, but it's not as nice as the Schick all metal one.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
D
You will sometimes have trouble with alignment on these plastic carts (getting the blade in place). It can be very annoying. They are passable blades for the money but if you can find the Chinese Schicks or older NOS American Schick blades they are much better. The EMS blades that the ebay dude sells in packs of 20 are very sharp and a little irritating the first shave but each progressive shave gets better until they are like butter. Trouble is they are also plastic carts.
My wife bought some for me and I can't wait to try them:biggrin:
Good timing on your thread and thanks! Just two days ago I bought the same blades at my local CVS to try out in my injector that I recently bought (and it appears to be the same model). This will be my first time with injectors since my first shave in the '70s! Will come back and score post-shave. :wink:
Hmmm. I wonder what the generic blades from Rite Aid are.

By the way, drugstore.com has Schick blades.
Since I recently got back into injectors the fastest way for me to get injector blades was go down to my local CVS store and buy a package. They cost me $4.99 for 11 blades. The first injector razor I used was a Schick 1939 gold razor with the caramel handle. The last time I used an injector on a regular basis was in the 60s and probably used Schick blades. What a shock using these blades. I mean the shave was smooth,irritation free and quick. I got about 8 shaves out of the first blade. I can't seem to get any other brand in my area and I am not going to order the Ted Pellas or the Chinese Schicks.
Buying these locally is easy and I don't have to wait for delivery or the added costs involved. I since loaded it into a Schick L type with the same results maybe better. So there you have it. Quick and dirty.

ps I still am using a DE but not as often.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)