What's new

Culmak Shaving Soap in Bowl

Pros: Price
Cons: Makes skin dry afterwards
Firstly this is a reformulation in recent years and does not work as well as the previous Culmak soap. The current fragrance is quite a bitter rosemary herbal scent whereas the previous version was a woody scent. Not a bad performer but not one of the best. The previous formulation came in the same shaped bowl but a white bottom with red lid (an earlier formulation than that was tallow based and had a green lid)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Price and prefomance
Cons: Fragrance is mild
A great soap, the scent is quite mild in use but still there. The lather lasts and is very slick, it certainly performs in a way that does not reflect its cheapness.

The bowl the soap comes in is a firm plastic and feels quite reminiscent of Bakelite.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Culmak Shaving Soap, cost in the Uk is about 5.09 (GBP) for a puck and bowl, a refill costing around 3.27 (GBP). Right so it's not the cheapest, but it's also not hideously expensive...... I found the lather was good, although if not enough water is added in the first place the lather can become dry very quickly. Overall the scent is a bit of a "Hmmm I thought I smelt something", in that you can smell it if you wedge the puck up your nose having just opened the packet, which for me is perfect as I don't have to think about what scent I'm wearing to avoid scent clashes. Overall a good shaver, not OTT expensive and gives a very rich lather easily.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)