What's new

Crow

Item Description

I ordered these from Razor Blades and More. Super vendor, easy to deal with and great communication. I had heard all sorts of urban legend stuff about the carbon steel being able to shave the fuzz off of Superman's worst and couldn't wait to give them a try. Opened the nicely understated package of 10 and cracked one in half to pop into my shavette.

It was so %^&%*&^$ rough that I stopped, rinsed off the lather and re-did the entire prep.

OW, OW, OW!

Yeah, they're sharp. You will get close enough that you could skip the next day, IF you're tough enough to take being disc-sanded by your blade.

Add that, being carbon, they *will* rust, necessitating removing and drying the blade to get a second use out of it.

If anyone else has tried these, I would surely like your input

Best,

- John

Latest reviews

Pros: Very Sharp
Cons: Cost, Roughness, Carbon Steel Needs TLC
II had heard all sorts of urban legend stuff about the carbon steel being able to shave Superman's worst and couldn't wait to give them a try. So I ordered these from Razor Blades and More. Super vendor, easy to deal with and great communication. Opened the nicely understated package of 10 and cracked one in half to pop into my shavette.

It was so %^&%*&^$ rough that I stopped, rinsed off the lather and re-did the entire prep.

OW, OW, OW!

Yeah, they're sharp. You will get close enough that you could even skip the next day, IF you're tough enough to take being disc-sanded by your blade.

Add that, being carbon, they *will* rust, necessitating removing and drying the blade to get a second use out of it.

If anyone else has tried these, I would surely like your input.

Best,

- John

UPDATE: I tried a fresh blade, in case of "bad blade" the first time, with the same results, so, last night I got out my mic and, as suspected, these blades are thinner than usual, which likely accounts for the "rough" feeling as the edge squirms around. (guess only).

They would probably do better in a unit that holds the blade very firmly. I might try one more in the mergress.

They are very, very sharp to be sure. I will maybe try one more and the balance of them are already spoken for by another member with more bravery than brains. :laugh: For me, the occasional time I need a blade, I have plenty of personnas and regular feathers.

Best,

- John
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)