What's new

Creed Virgin Island Water

This one did not work for me! I was hoping for a coconut smell similar to the tanya suntan lotion from the 70's. No luck.
This one surprised me. A lot. I had read about it a lot and thought it would wear too light and would not last. What a shock. It turns out on me it's one the longest lasting Creeds.

It's not for everybody that's for sure. But it has a great summer vibe to me. Some say it's evocative of suntan lotion and I can see that. The coconut notes hang in pretty good.

More of Pina Colada vibe to me. Great opening with lime that I wish lasted longer.

It's certainly best suited for hot weather. I'll try in SoCal cool weather and see how it feels, but it might be an odd one if it's not darn hot.
Top Note: Essence of copra (the white inner portion of the coconut); lime of the Antilles; white bergamot and mandarin orange from Sicily.
Middle Note: Hibiscus, ginger, ylang-ylang and Indian jasmine.
Bottom Note: Sugar cane and white rum of the Antilles, musk from Tonkin.

Okay so I guess this one didn't do so well on my skin. It smells okay but it stayed very close to the skin from the get go and remained overly sugary and sweet. It smelled extremely complex and beautiful on the card like a floral coconut key lime pie.

From what I hear this is meant ONLY FOR HOT WEATHER. So if you sample it do it when it's really hot outside and apply LOTS. If at that point it still sucks then it's not for your skin type.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Of all the rip-offs from Creed, this may very well be one of the worst :rolleyes:.

No thanks, I'll wear suntan lotion instead. I gave the price a "0" because I even felt that the $4.00 sample wasn't worth it.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is one of the simplest creations from Creed. That is not bad by itself as I think that was the initial intention. All I get is Coconut lime and some salt. It always reminds me when I was a child and my mother would prepare a coconunt snack with, well, salt and lime. IMO it is severily overpriced.
It is pleasing and not so formal, good for a +100 degree day. It is also one of the longest lasting Millesimes from Creed. My main probelm with it is that at the end of the day I get something sweet that gets a bit cloying.
I'd pay 20 dls for it.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Great Summer Scent. Reminds me of warm nights at the beach. definately a tropical scent but I cant pinpoint coconut or pinneapple. I had a female friend over the other night and she found my shaving cabinet. She thought it would be fun to rate all of my aftershaves/ EDT's/Colognes and Virgin Island Water won hands down. If only it had a stronger staying power, Id be wearing this all summer, but for now, I will reserve this for warm, special occasion nights.
Top Bottom