What's new

Creed Royal English Leather

Top notes: Mandarine, bergamot
Middle notes: Ambergris
Base notes: Leather and sandalwood

I'm thinking of wood chips in a bottle. I really like this one. This smells like an ambergris wood cabin with some citrus to sweeten it up just a little bit and realistic leather. This would be perfect for a trip out of the city. I could see people wearing this in winter or summer. The citrus and bergamot works well with the leather and wood. I'm not sure I would wear this to the office but I would enjoy it anywhere else.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I held off trying this for a long time. Between here and Basenotes, it kept popping up. So I broke down and bought some. So glad I did. One of the scents in my arsenal that I enjoy immensely and always makes me feel centered.

It may be my opinion only- but I think this is near the same class as Creed's Vintage Tabarome, my current favorite. And I also believe that this one will be discontinued in the not too distant future in the same manner as Vintage Tabarome. While some of us love it, there isn't so much of a market for these kinds of serious, elegant, mature scents. And while Creed gets a lot of guff about their "all natural" mantra, I do believe this one is packed with some seriously natural ingredients that may not be so easy to come by when their current supply runs low.

While I love it, it is definitely "sample first" juice at that price point. It's not a leather scent in the way of Knize 10. Much more subtle and blended in the fashion of all Creeds. Smooth buttery leather. A bit spicey. Not harsh. OldSchoolYoungin's "oddly attractive" comment above is a very appropriate way of putting it, and part of why you should sample first. But get a sample and give it a good test wear. Don't sniff it on a card for 2 minutes in a store.

Yeah, this one is mature. I would never tell anyone what they could or could not wear, but you ought to be serious and at least 40 imo. I'd think most women under 40 will lump this in with Old Spice as a grandpa scent. It's not a romantic scent per se- but then again if you're serious and over 40, it could be some major sexy juice. I can see a lot of Baby Boomer babes getting weak kneed over this.

Great longevity and I don't say that about many scents including most Creeds. Ya gotta watch the dose with this one. It's more potent than a lot of this modern stuff and easy to overdo it.

Two of the best thing about being a wetshaver and a Baby Boomer: wearing this and Vintage Tabarome.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
Let me start off by saying that if you don't care for "old man" scents, this is not for you :lol:. This fragrance was introduced in 1780 and it smells that old. Nonetheless, this is a must try for any that are looking for a leather scent.

This fragrance is rather simple, yet very effectively done. It is somewhat linear, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're into spicy, clean leather, which is what you're going to get throughout the opening and drydown of this oddly attractive scent. It is very rich and warm, and a little goes a long way. Easy to overdo and maybe not for a hot day. A sillage monster, this stuff projects itself quite well and a light hand is crucial for those of us who aren't hermits. The drydown is similar and a somewhat soapy, clean note comes out that is not overpowering in the least, so the spice and leather are not compromised. Longevity is above average, especially for Creed.

As much as I like this fragrance, I could never see buying anything larger than a decant as I still think Creed is overpriced. Knize Ten may be a better buy, but this one's atleast worth a try.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)