What's new

Creed Original Santal

Item Description

This is a little sweet, so I don't wear it as often as I probably should. I really like it, but am not a big fan of Joop, whose sweetness it is somewhat similar to. I get quite a bit of sandalwood from the cologne, and normally 3-4 sprays is quite sufficient.

The longevity is quite good, and it normally sticks to my undershirts the next day, even overcoming the smokey residue left by all the bars around here. It's not quite as strong as a Thierry Mugler---Angel type cologne, but I would put it at one of better projecting of the Creed scents.

Latest reviews

Top Notes: Royal Indian sandalwood; cinnamon evoking calm and home; divine coriander; fragrant, cleansing juniper berry.
Middle Notes: Tender lavender, leaves of the absolute orange tree; fragrant rosemary; revitalizing ginger.
Base Notes: Soulful Tonka bean; dreamlike vanilla

On my skin this starts off strong with a candy orange smell smoothed out and subdued by the sandalwood, vanilla, and lavender smells which over time make it smell a little like bounce dryer sheets. If you sniff deeply you can tell there's a little rosemary. It's a nice warm clean scent but not a "WOW I need to buy this ASAP" smell. If you're into lavender and sandalwood then you should look towards Royal Scottish Lavender or Caron Pour Homme. I would wear this in the summer and fall. If you want an Orange smell then look for Terre D'Hermes and Creed Orange Spice or Creed Citrus Bigarrade.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
As a big fan of Creed, the local rep pushed samples of this one on me as a sexy scent that women love.

Took it home, sprayed some on.

EGADS! It's JOOP!

Without the exclamation point!

It does have a serious similarity to JOOP upon first application. And the overall sense one gets when wearing it is that it is a high quality, more refined version of that infamous young lounge lizard scent.

I wouldn't knock anyone who likes it. Fact is, I gather JOOP! is actually a very strong seller. I won't attack Creed for doing a nicer version. As one of their newer offerings, this one is created for younger men IMO. If you're young and chasing women, they may like this. It's not a bad scent and once the opening notes fade, it is a bit less JOOP! like.

Mature-ish wet shavers like me can be a bit put off by it. Not what many of us would consider a "typical" Creed.
I'm usually a big fan of Creed frags, but this one I just can't take. It smells exactly like Joop. It's an extremely sweet Sandalwood, and even then, it probably shouldn't be called Sandalwood. No thanks...pissed I spent $6 on a sample actually.:thumbdown
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
rvbert0
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from rvbert0

Top Bottom