What's new

Creed Orange Spice

This is an interesting scent for sure. I've never given it a full test wear, so I shouldn't really give it much of a review.

But if you've ever tried Kouros, this one will make you laugh out loud. The opening notes are near identical to Kouros, without the strong civet notes.

In a full wearing, it does become distinctly different, but the opening immediately evokes Kouros to anyone who has tried that polarizing scent.

There are some who have quietly proposed that Orange Spice was actually developed by the same perfumer who then later developed Kouros. Not sure myself. Creed lists this as having been around since 1951 which would make that pretty impossible. But it is not improbable that in some way it did inspire the creation of Kouros.

I'm pretty sure this one is on the "endangered" Creed list, so if it sounds like it interests you, don't delay.

And don't fear it the way you might fear Kouros. Other than the opening notes evoking Kouros, it's a fairly different scent. It does not have the heavy civet load that makes many think Kouros has a urine or urinal puck smell.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Top Notes: Bergamot, orange
Middle Notes: Neroli
Base Notes: Ambergris, spices

The bergamot is very strong here from the get go and melds well with the orange. The neroli adds a floral dimension to the orange and bergamot. The spices keep the fragrance from being too boring and sweet. I found this more pleasant than Neroli Sauvage (because it's not headache inducing) but if you can stand lots of neroli you may find Neroli Sauvage as flashier and more exciting. YMMV. The sillage and longevity is typical of other Creeds. If you love the smell of orange candy then this is for you. This fragrance would be good in hot weather.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)