What's new

Creed Millesime Imperial

This is one Creed I can't get behind. Lemon and melon aquatics are a dime a dozen. Usually they smell uniformly the same, and Millesime Imperial fits neatly into a breadline of conventional calone-laden cash cows, from Acqua di Gio to Unbound for Men, to Chrome, to Light Blue. Sure, its citrus and fruits are well-rendered. Sure, its salted transition into a light ambergris and musk base is smooth. But the melon is just a touch too synthetic, the ozonic notes are neutered of any and all greens (not so with EROLFA), and the temperament of the scent is so light and fleeting that it conjures comparisons to 4711. I also don't see Millesime Imperial as the panty-dropper that so many of its fans claim it is - yeah it's nice, but it ain't 1995 anymore, and the ladies have since become inured to shampoo skinscents. There are more exotic concoctions to rouse sexual curiosity with, and most of them cost far less. If you haven't already tried Millesime Imperial, skip it. You already know what it smells like.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This scent is quite linear on my skin...but my god, is it beautiful. I'm more of an oriental fan when it comes to fragrances, but when I sampled this recently I fell in love and just had to have it. FWIW, I purchased my 4 oz. flask on fragrancenet for about $140..not too bad. This now sits next to GIT on my dresser as the second and last Creed I intend to buy.

Putting my nose to it, I get a lemony, oceanic musk with a little of the melon note that everyone talks about. My nose is not that sophisticated, but the melding of these notes puts me in a great mood and has gotten a TON of compliments.

Sillage is good for an hour, then nonexistant... I get about 4-8 hours on my skin depending on humidity. Atomizer is A+, and will broadcast this juice to the world :thumbup1:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I recently got this and my wife and I both LOVE it; so much so that she did not care or flinch at the price...in fact just kept begging me to get it:eek:.

I have never cared for oceany colognes before...but judged everything off of the typical department store varieties...always seemed cheap and very synthetic. This, however, smells expensive, complicated and luxurious.

I edited my ratings because I have found the staying power to be excellent. I put some on before dinner last night, and when I woke up this morning, it was still nice and noticeable.

It is my favorite by a long shot.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This, along with Davidoff Cool Water, is the juice I most often reach for when I'm getting ready for work.

The bright melon fragrance never fails to perk me up. After the fresh top notes have served their purpose, a gentle and pleasing woodiness emerges to accompany you for several hours, followed, of course, by the Creed house scent at the base. Some people can't seem to come to terms with the Creed foundation accord, but I just love it. It sets the line apart from everything else, in a good way.

Two sprays gives enough radiance and sillage for a work environment and lasts me most of the day. Like all Creeds, it costs more than it should, but it's such a pleasant, joyful scent that I can't stop buying it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Smells nice....
Nice as in "have a good day sir". Or the weather is nice...
It is not a "may I have your autograph?:w00t:" or "Nice porshe!" or "I wanna smell your bare chest! :c18:".
I feel Unfrogivable is overpriced imagine how I feel about this one.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
A nice scent, but falls into the "overrated" category for me. Granted the stuff smells very good, although it's far too fruity for my tastes. The melonic note is very strong and persistent throughout, and I have to agree with Scotto that it is similar to Reaction in some ways. However, if your taste is a fruity oceanic, this may very well be your juice. Sillage is excellent, while it lasts. Women seem to really like the stuff. It's still tremendously overpriced.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Of course, I could go on and on about how this is luxurious, how it was created for the king of Saudi Arabia and so on...but I won't. A beautiful citrus ensemble begins this musky aquatic. The scent gracefully moves its way through Sicilian lemon, bergamot and mandarine to Florentine Iris (which I believe gives it the melon note) and finishes off with musk and ambergris, all the while evoking the scent of the ocean. Amen.

The longevity is a bit weak on some, but fine on me; it is pricey, but worth it; and like all Creeds, the atomizer is top-notch. This will certainly remain in my rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Smells like someone smashed a watermelon over your head. If it wasn't for the typical ambergris Creed dry-down (which is the same in pretty much every one of their scents), this is a smell-alike for Calvin Klein Reaction.

A nice enough scent, but at its price point it is a joke. Not for me.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
A very nice scent. It will stay in my rotation.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This may just be my favorite cologne. It's warm, sweet, sensual and something that will definately get a woman's attention in an intimate moment. The majority of Creed's line embodies class, but IMO Millesime Imperial is fit for royalty.

My apologies since I lack the elegance of our more proficient reviewers, but I wanted more people to become aware of this remarkable fragrance. The price is steep, but the quality, packaging and scent are among the best of anything on the market and it will last throughout the day and into the night.

Aromas of Sweet ripe Sicilian blood oranges carried in by an ocean breeze mingle with musk and refined by a decadent, mild floral components.

Definately give this one a try, it won't disappoint.
Top Bottom