What's new

Creed Green Valley

Green Valley by Creed was my numero uno signature scent for at least three years. I loved it, and still like it very much. It is masculine, distinctive, very green, and does make a case for a scent that has a connection to golf, as I was told later that it does. As with all Creeds I have tried, including the also magnificent Epicea, it is a little disappointing in its longevity. No fragrance stays on my signature list for all that long, but this was a long term player, and a great fragrance.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Green Valley was a bit of a head-scratcher for me at first. I had expectations based on my reading. Basically, I thought it was going to be a bitter, fruit-tinged Green Irish Tweed. I was a bit surprised when an understated and refined interpretation of the classic, pre-1990s Irish Spring soap exited the Creed atomizer and hit my skin.

The fragrance opens with an ephemeral barrage of bitter aldehydic greens. The mint isn't the fresh, sprightly menthol leaf of Chevrefueille Original, but an uncut bushel of mint stems. This opens into a ginger and blackcurrant melange that replicates the feel of a flowery field in early May. The drydown brings the ginger in closer against a smooth white vanilla. Overall, Green Valley fits an odd scent profile: bitter green vanilla. There's no relation between this and Green Irish Tweed.

Truly a delight. Overlooked, underrated, and worth the high price of admission.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Top Notes: Mandarine and bergamot
Middle Notes: Ginger, black currant
Base Notes: Ambergris, musk

The ambergris/musk warms up the subtle Irish Spring smell and it lasts a good number of hours [added note: berries came a few hours later. Good longevity]. It's a little like Silver Mountain Water but stronger. I detect a little ginger as well in the background and citrus/berry. I actually think this could be worn all year. Chevrefeuille is more Wild Fern with sharp clean honeysuckle leaves and Green Valley is more subdued and clean warm citrus bergamot berry musk. Both of these fragrances are like the "clean" smelling ones. If you shower with Irish Spring and then spray on this stuff you will be considered the "clean guy". Definitely good for daily use and is for those that don't like charred burnt leathery smoky spicy tobacco colognes.

Bottom line:

Green Valley: Warm shower clean with the window open receiving citrus/berry notes (Use all year round)
Chevrefeuille: Cool laundry clean with the window open receiving herbaceous notes (Use in Spring and Summer)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)