What's new

Creed Erolfa

. . . A bit of a let down. I'm glad I got a chance to sample this ahead of the projected purchase-date that I had in mind (summer 2011). After reading some glowing reviews on EROLFA, I thought I was in for a very different kind of experience, but such was not the case.

It opens with a salty citrus lemon/lime blast, with emphasis on the lemon and salt - reminds me of a tequila shot without the booziness. This was my least favorite part. It's simple, rather uninteresting, and I've smelled it before in cheaper fragrances. In fact, it reminded me a little of the top of Incense Ultramarine, which can be had for $225 less than EROLFA.

After about 20 minutes, the salt and citrus transitions with sports yacht smoothness into a low-silage brininess, with vague hints of sea air, salt, and sand. This middle stage is short-lived, and by 45 minutes into the scent, everything has settled into a sandy/salty/wood note, very dry and light. Guess that's the "driftwood" accord that people talk about. It's okay, but not nearly as compelling as I had hoped. The fact that this hangs on as a skin scent doesn't improve matters.

EROLFA is pleasant enough, and I don't know if it had more personality in the '90s and this current version has been stripped down, but as it stands, the scent isn't worth the $$$. Try Silver Mountain Water instead.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Top Notes: Citrus fruits and bergamot
Middle Notes: Herbal notes
Base Notes: Ambergris

The rainy citrus and bergamot gives this a more unisex smell. It smells great on me and has a fruity freshness. I like this one a little better than Silver Mountain Water since I like citrus more than berry but if you like berry more than citrus then SMW would more preferential. It does remind me a little of Millesime Imperiale though Imperiale has a stronger marine and citrus smell. Erolfa smells more like citrus rain and seems more feminine though keep in mind YMMV. It lasts the typical 4 hours. I would wear this in the spring and summer. I also find the drydown not as pleasant as Millesime Imperial.

Bottom Line: Get your wife to wear Erolfa and you wear Imperiale and go live near the sea. :001_cool:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)