What's new

Creed Chevrefeuille

many creed fragrances are recognisable, by that, I mean, once you have tried 2 and you graduate onto 3 or 4 more then you recognise the creed base scent and you know (and can recognise) someone who is wearing a creed fragrance. Green Irish Tweed, Original Vetiver and Tabarome bear the same base scents. Chevrefeuille is not one of them and therefore stands out from the majority. That being said, it is an acquired taste and not everyone would like it. The opening blast is complicated and it should be given the benefit of the doubt for a couple hours before judging it. I have received curious as well as complimentary comments regarding this one. It is green for sure but not powdery and the smell is similar to a freshly mown lawn with some herbs thrown in for good measure.
In a world where many fragrances are sweet and sickly and produced by the same perfume maker, despite different labels, Creed refuses to conform and makes some amazing scents which need time and patience to truly appreciate.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
How is it that I missed this one? Chèvrefeuille Original is an impulse blind-buy, based on reviews and my gut. Turns out that was far from a mistake. In fact, next to Original Vetiver, this is my favorite Creed. As usual, this house shows me exactly where all my money went - into masterfully executed fragrance, with incredible note separation, and ingredients that are so uncannily realistic-smelling that I wonder if some sort of black magic is at work. Anyone who knows me understands my love of green, grassy fragrances (with emphasis on grass, as separate from vetiver.) There's something about an idealized springtime smell that captures my heart. I often find myself thinking "wouldn't it be nice if I could smell wild dewy grass and soft wildflowers from a pristine meadow, all captured in a bottle?" Well gents, here it is. Wild grass, brightened by lemon and an absurdly well-rendered mint, on top of subtly sweet honeysuckle leaf and fennel. There's actually no noticeable ambergris in this Creed, which sets it apart from the majority of them.

It's . . . my future! . . . I see . . . an 8.4 oz flacon of Chèvrefeuille Original, sitting in my wardrobe . . .

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Top Notes: Honeysuckle leaves
Middle Notes: Honeysuckle flowers, herbaceous notes
Base Notes: Ambergris

The longevity is above average. It starts off as bug spray (in a good way, nice and fresh like mowed grass) and then settles with sweet powdery honeysuckle leaves (not the nectar) to a clean smell. If you want to smell clean after a nice shower then this cologne is it. It's the freshest smell for a cologne I've experienced. Don't let the top notes turn you off. It develops beautifully. This is perfect for spring and summer. This is very bottle worthy. I would like this in the summer and it would be nice to put on early in the morning.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)