What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn

I picked up the N4M line when C&E had them online at 75% off ... I gave it a 5 for price because it is a bargain at $4.50 a tube, fairly priced when it is $9, but I wouldn't recommend it at full boat retail of $18.

The lack of lather doesn't bother me at all ... it might not look pretty, but it works, and does a great job of softening my whiskers.

For rating the scent, I had to give it a 10. I prefer unscented products, and this one is, even though it doesn't specify itself as such.

Packaging earns it a 9 ... a lot of which is due to the fact that it (like all C&E creams) are still put into a metal tube, and they include a key with each one. There is no real design to the the package, and it doesn't need one.

Over all, I like the entire N4M line, although it will never become a regular part of my rotation. It gives a great shave, although it lacks that intrinsic "fun" factor like a product line such as Tabac or Musgo or L'Occ Cade.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I also didn't realize this was a brushless no-lather monster. It moisturized well and seemed of good quality but I don't really do brushless.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
So this was my first purchase of a shaving cream to match the new C&E Best Badger brush. It wouldn't lather. Back to the B&B instructional posts, re-watch Mantic's videos and try again. It wouldn't lather. Bummer.

So as a rub-on low lather cream it's ok, but not what I thought I was buying, and not what I expected.
Don't forget if you're ordering online: Use the HOLIDAY code for $10 off orders of $25 and up (I think) and FREESHIP for free shipping. Just click apply after you enter one, then enter the second code.
I love this stuff! It smells nice and gives a fantasticly smooth and moisturising shave. I don't care about the no lather part, its cos there are no harmful soaps on it. It does create a nice film which feels very nice with the slight tingle of menthol.

My brother tried it and he is now hooked!

Packaging would have been better with an easier to use lid, either a pop-up or a disc cap or something like that.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Bought it thinking it was a lather cream. Wasn't too impressed (but I already was disappointed with the no lather part).
My store did not advertise as a low lather cream and i didn't see it on the packaging either.

i really do not recommend this product at all , at least for safety razor users anyway .

i didn't want to waste the cream so i add it to my usual C & E shave cream and lather it together.

over all , very disappointing product from a usually good store .
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I dont know too many wet shavers who are looking for a cream that doesnt lather... but if by some strange reason you are, then this one is for you. With that being said, it lubricates very well and does offer a decent shave. It is advertised as a low lather cream, so it does what its supposed to do. Its odorless, but doesnt reak at the same time. $18.00 C&E.

It is advertised as a low lather cream on the website... Which is practically giving the stuff away at 75% off online only. Who knows when the sale ends.
Top Bottom