What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad Shave Cream

Not that bad, not that good. I am particularly not that crazy with the scent, and it is a bit expensive where I have bought it (Southern Europe). I'd say that Omega does a far better job for me having paid much less. Not a bad cream by any means, but nothing so exciting for me.

The cool little key that is inside the box is for inserting it at the bottom of the tube and start 'screwing' upwards, thus pushing more and more cream out, during the last stages of the tube's life. Key can of course be used with any toothpaste tube - a very handy accessory (and it is pretty well made!)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Price- A bit steep for my taste once I found equivalent products available from places like Bath and Body Works.
Quality- Well made.
Scent- I can live with it, but not my favorite. My wife hates it. So in the end it will get very little, if any, use.
Latherability- Very Good, bought it use for traveling when away from my bowl and brush - so it applied and lathered on my face with hands well.
Efficacy- As would be expected from a good cream.
Moisturizing- Good.
Packaging - Recyclable tube but C+E gave me this cool little "key" to turn up the bottom of the tube and I must have used it wrong because at the first turn of the key I ripped a hole in the bottom of the tube - was not pleased, especially because this product was bought specifically for my travel kit.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Nomad is an interesting scent. Very similar to Gray Flannel cologne. Of the 3 scents from C&E, this one is the strongest. The Sienna scent is more fresh and not overwhelming. For me personally, Nomad scent is not for me. With the opinion of others I had try this, the majority said the same thing…..”smells like weeds!” A bit overbearing.

Secondly the lather ability on this cream is not that great. Just does not foam up as much like other creams do. Don’t get me wrong, the C&E line is superior as far as what it is supposed to do…..comfort! But tends to get watery compared to other brands. By adding more water to the brush, it just gets runny. I personally like a cream that foams where you can’t see skin when applied. The cream itself seams heavy and not fluffy. Like butter.

As stated, I think the C&E line is superior if the 2 items mentioned are not a big concern to you.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I bought this after using the nomad shave soap for a while. I found the soap dried out my skin but, loved the smell so thought I'd try the cream. I think the glass jar looks very cool. I've been using it for a couple of weeks. It lathers up well, gives a great shave and moisturises my skin reasonably well. The scent is fantastic. I liked it so much I've bought the balm as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
The C&E Nomad cream (tube) gives a good shave. Not as good as Proraso (which is much cheaper), but pretty good nonetheless. However, I keep going back to this one because of the wonderful scent. It's simply the best smelling shaving cream I have tried so far (better than Trumper's IMHO).

As evidenced by other posts here, you might love the scent or hate it, but if there's a C&E store close to you, you can go give it a whiff. Smelling the tube/tub is not the same as shaving with it, but it will give you an approximation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I've used this cream for about a week and love it. It's easy to build lather with and a little goes a long way.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I purchased this jar yesterday and almost couldn't wait to try it this morning. I love the aroma and it lathered quite well for me.... As long as my wife doesn't learn how much it is, I'm set..... :blush:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is one of those creams that will always be a part of my shave gear(in fact, just bought three bars of the soap today!). I received this as a gift(free!) when I was new to B&B. Upon opening it, I was blown away by the scent-I had to read the ingredient list to try and figure out what I was smelling.

Who knew that bamboo could smell so good?:biggrin: I have the glass jar version and that is the way to go if you like this cream.

The lather builds easily while providing a cushiony surface for your blade to glide and slide on. I like this cream so much, that I force myself not to use everyday so that each time I do use it, it's like falling in love all over again.:blushing:

Nomad made me take a real hard look at the C&E brand. As a result, I too have the SAO but do not care for the scent of the sandalwood(ugggh)-the Sienna reminds me of the Nomad; why, I don't know it just does. Interestingly, SWMBO loves this more than the SAO- I have caught her in the bathroom just sniffing the open jar!:lol:

I believe that this is one of those creams that you will either love it or hate it-no in between opinions as can be seen above.

marty
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This was the first shave cream I bought when I decided to move on from the Gilette era. I like the scent of this one and it provided a good shave. For a tube the packaging is fairly nice. At least it is metal so you can squeeze out the last drop. I prefer the Sienna, Sandalwood and Sweet Almond Oil (aah...that's the stuff there!) to this one scent-wise, but it is still nice. I've never had a problem with the quality of any C&E product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
My son and I were at C&E a few weeks ago. After trying/smelling a few of the other C&E creams and soaps we came to the Nomad. After we both smelled it, my son declared"...Dad, the name is appropriate, it smells just like a desert Nomad..." I had to agree and needless to say, we passed on this one.

But as with all things, YMMV.
This is a perfectly good shave cream, lathers up nice and rich, does not dry on the skin, and has reasonable moisturising qualities. It also feels a tiny bit cooling, although I don't think it contains menthol. It doesn't soften stubble as well as some, and the lubrication isn't the best, but apart from that its OK.

The scent however is not to my taste- very modern, although it doesn't smell so synthetic as the other scents in this style. I think I'll give this to my brother, I'm sure he'll appreciate this scent much more than I could.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)