What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad Shave Cream

Item Description

This is a perfectly good shave cream, lathers up nice and rich, does not dry on the skin, and has reasonable moisturising qualities. It also feels a tiny bit cooling, although I don't think it contains menthol. It doesn't soften stubble as well as some, and the lubrication isn't the best, but apart from that its OK.

The scent however is not to my taste- very modern, although it doesn't smell so synthetic as the other scents in this style. I think I'll give this to my brother, I'm sure he'll appreciate this scent much more than I could.

Latest reviews

Not that bad, not that good. I am particularly not that crazy with the scent, and it is a bit expensive where I have bought it (Southern Europe). I'd say that Omega does a far better job for me having paid much less. Not a bad cream by any means, but nothing so exciting for me.

The cool little key that is inside the box is for inserting it at the bottom of the tube and start 'screwing' upwards, thus pushing more and more cream out, during the last stages of the tube's life. Key can of course be used with any toothpaste tube - a very handy accessory (and it is pretty well made!)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Price- A bit steep for my taste once I found equivalent products available from places like Bath and Body Works.
Quality- Well made.
Scent- I can live with it, but not my favorite. My wife hates it. So in the end it will get very little, if any, use.
Latherability- Very Good, bought it use for traveling when away from my bowl and brush - so it applied and lathered on my face with hands well.
Efficacy- As would be expected from a good cream.
Moisturizing- Good.
Packaging - Recyclable tube but C+E gave me this cool little "key" to turn up the bottom of the tube and I must have used it wrong because at the first turn of the key I ripped a hole in the bottom of the tube - was not pleased, especially because this product was bought specifically for my travel kit.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Nomad is an interesting scent. Very similar to Gray Flannel cologne. Of the 3 scents from C&E, this one is the strongest. The Sienna scent is more fresh and not overwhelming. For me personally, Nomad scent is not for me. With the opinion of others I had try this, the majority said the same thing…..”smells like weeds!” A bit overbearing.

Secondly the lather ability on this cream is not that great. Just does not foam up as much like other creams do. Don’t get me wrong, the C&E line is superior as far as what it is supposed to do…..comfort! But tends to get watery compared to other brands. By adding more water to the brush, it just gets runny. I personally like a cream that foams where you can’t see skin when applied. The cream itself seams heavy and not fluffy. Like butter.

As stated, I think the C&E line is superior if the 2 items mentioned are not a big concern to you.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)