What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn Aromatic Sandalwood

Tried this at the C&E outlet in the Ala Moana Shopping Center June 2009. Had never seen it before, and was looking forward to sampling it. Smells just exactly like the C&E Sandalwood shaving cream, and the scent lasted just about as long. Soapy and not very complex. Love the cream, but would recommend another cologne. In this price category, consider Caswell-Massey much, much better.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Can you say Nomad. This is OK, but not near as good as Nomad.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
D
The Sandalwood scent is just wonderful. Nice packaging and the bottle is nicely made and easy to use. The best part, though, is the Sandalwood scent. It is just such a unique aroma. As far as price, I can't complain. I got mine at a cheaper cost by purchasing off eBay. The downside, however, is the longevity of the scent - it just isn't there. Sadly, it disappears after a very short time. Rather disappointing. Their Sienna scent eau de toilette seems to have a much better longevity than their Sandalwood scent. I will stick with their Sienna scent in the future.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Very, very quality scent. The other sandlewood scent that I own is from TOBS, and this is quite different, this one seems like a "true" sandlewood scent. Very warm, dry, and rich, perfect for fall or winter. However, as with most of the other reviews, C&E's sandlewood does not have much in the way of staying power. It seems to last only a couple of hours on me, however those couple hours are very nice indeed, just wish that it would last a little longer. However, this is a truly great scent. Would I purchase another C&E EDT? Yes.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
The scent of C&E's attempt at Sandalwood really is quite sensational. For the first couple of minutes, the scent is a quite sweet and rich mahogany smell, smelling similar in some ways to the inside of my mahogany baby grand piano. It soon drys off to become a wonderfully spicy yet still woody aroma. It really is a superb and user friendly (unoffensive to all) for a beginner or uncertain buyer.

My most important criticism, and I think its a telling one, is the longevity of the smell and how subtle it is. Its quite a weak scent IMHO and even after applying about 10 sprays around my neck (and wrists - is that ok? >_> ) its scent has lost its desired affects within a couple of hours.

I have layered it with the Sandalwood soap and deodorant, but not found it to be as strong as I'd like after a couple of hours. Perhaps it would be worth adding the ASB to the layers to see if that helps.
Definitely worth a try at the money (100ml for $59.95 here in Oz) and if you do, I hope YMV on the longevity.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
This is the first Sandlewood I've tried, and I'm really impressed.

I usually wear a light, clean, and fresh scent, so I wanted something different to contrast with that.

The C&E Sandlewood is warm,spicy, and still has a subtle freshness that I really enjoy.

Best of all...SWMBO likes it too :w00t:

If you haven't tried Sandlewood or you have and you like it, this is a must try IMHO. At $40 for a 100ml bottle, the price is just as good as the quality.

My only negative mark would be the staying power, which even then isn't that bad. Six hours later, and it is still detectable to someone intimately close (which is what I like...I don't like pronounced colognes that change the scent of the entire room).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Another delightful scent that I wish would be more pronounced/last longer on me.

Other than that, hard to find any fault in this one.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Not to oversimplify this, but C & E Sandalwood really works for me. When I use it with the C & E Shaving Creme and AS Balm. I am left with a nice subtle scent for 4-6 hours. I occasionally mix things up and substitute Trumpers Sandalwood Creme and follow it with the Cologne for an equally enjoyable experience.

A good solid value that has earned a spot on my cologne shelf.

-Scott-
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I am a big fan of the C&E Sandalwood range. The scent is perfect: not too heavy, not too light, just perfect. Just as Scotto said, it was “love at first scent.” The only complaint I really have is the lack of longevity. That being said, layered with their (excellent) Sandalwood ASB this EdT is perfect for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
I like this scent, just wish it would stick around a little better.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
This fragrance is nice because it's very very dry, not the least bit powdery on my skin, but I have never picked up on the sandalwood.

It is very transparent and light, with a tiny touch of tobacco leaf, but no richness, more dry grass, maybe some hay and a touch of that ever present sassafrass or sweet birch that perfumers love to use to "interpret" what sandalwood would be if they really offered it. Still, I have bought this about 6 times and have a spare bottle in case they stop offering it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
Agreed! Wonderful scent. It doesn't stay with me as long as Trumpers does but it's a magnificant sandalwood!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This was one of those "love at first scent" fragrances for me. I just love anything sandalwood, and I own many different colognes, soaps, and creams in this scent. It starts out a bit sweet, but dries down into something dryer and perhaps a bit "powdery". It is never overpowering, and sticks around a long time. This is probably my favorite sandalwood cologne, and it is reasonably priced at $40 per 100mL.

Since it is also available in a bodywash and aftershave balm (both excellent products in their own right), you should take advantage of layering this delightful fragrance.
Top Bottom