What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes

I bought this cologne two weeks ago and love it. The initial Lime scent is adorable, but fades to a perfumy scent within half an hour or so. Not an overpowering cologne like some I could mention, it suits my job excellently, where close contact is a necessity.
A store in the mall carries a small selection of Crabtree & Evelyn products among them the West Indies Lime Cologne. I tried a tester this morning and I like it! It has a very nice, clean, well-rounded scent. Five hours later I can still smell the floral notes. It's classy and pleasant.

As a plus, I went to lab this morning and asked all the (mostly hot) women if they'd care to rate it. Without exception every one gave it a thumbs up. :thumbup:

This one is definitely on my "to buy" list.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I read the reviews and told myself I WILL not buy a cologne that just won't last...was walking past the local C&E store and saw a big 30% off sign...couldn't resist walking in and trying it...bad mistake...amazing smell...nice packaging...and yes...I bought it. I used it this morning...what an amazing wake-me-up smell...so fresh...and sadly...was gone by the time I arrived at work...going to do some serious research in finding a limes cologne that will last me for a while...
I think you'd be pushed to find a cologne that smells this fine for $59.95 elsewhere. Packaging reflects the contents well, simple & understated.

Its true, it is not an overly complex scent - the lime does fade, but the faint citrus / nutmeggy heart it leaves is beautiful and franky, this is what I want for daytime. Fresh, simple and flattering.

I wear this everday with the scent lasting well - I know this as, though I often can't smell it past lunchtime, friends and co-workers will regularly ask me what i'm wearing. Such longevity in a cologne is particularly impressive and is much closer to that of an EDT.

It may not appeal to everyone, but it is a beautiful interpretation - much less cloying than other Lime scents and (IMHO) much finer and more sophisticated than many of the standard Spice/Leather/Fire scents available currently.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Exactly, I love the way this stuff smells. subtle, light, and not overpowering.
It may not be lots of lime, but the scent is subtle and changes over time. I don't want scents that overpower you and drive your coworkers to other parts of the building. I like scents that someone must be close by to catch - just that pleasant hint that makes someone want to be close by. The way the scent develops throughout the day is extremely nice and made a female friend very happy. Even better, it makes me happy and keeps me feeling fresh and bright. A nice light scent for warm weather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
It's a lime scent, so don't expect it to last very long. In my opinion though, once you start getting in the same price range as this retails for, I expect a little more longevity and a little less synthetic for my money. That said, if this stuff was five dollars a bottle, I'd have a steady supply on hand. :biggrin:
I was browsing at my local C & E store yesterday and applied 1 spray to my wrist from a tester bottle. As others have said the lime scent quickly fades, as is typical of citrus essential oils. But, the middle and base notes were just yucky to me. A somewhat feminine scent of floral talcum powder would be my nutshell description of it, and unfortunately it did last for at least 6 hours after I left the store. Needless to say, I did not purchase a bottle.
Can you say Nomad. This is OK, but not near as good as Nomad.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
What a surprise.

I like most of C&E's offerings but I have issues with their lack of longevity. I must disagree with the OP here...on me at least, this lasts a good 5-6 hours, maybe even a bit longer of you apply it close to your collar. And a wonderful scent! It didn't smell like Trix cereal or candy or Pledge dust spray. A very bright lime and a nice mix of spices. Exactly what I was hoping for, really.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
A real eye-opener from Crabtree & Evelyn. Very smooth lime opening fades into the background after a few minutes, leaving a rich yet clean masculine floral scent. I find it quite uplifting. I don't like florals, yet I love this stuff!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
I smell the limes, but it's not a very exciting scent. It's just - there. Maybe a bit synthetic, and very linear. I definitely wouldn't choose this over my current warm-weather favorite, AdP Colonia.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
I ventured into a Crabtree & Evelyn store last week to spend a gift certificate that I had. This cologne was, to be honest, an impulse buy. I figured I would try it, because I love limes, and sell it in the marketplace if I found it to be terrible. Well, I will not be selling it in the marketplace, as I absolutely love it!

Price: At $40, I would say that the price deserves pretty good ratings. Not as cheap as Axe, but smells much better :lol:

Quality: No complaints here. As with all C&E products, quality is great!

Packaging: I give this a ten because the packaging does what it is supposed to...it keeps the cologne in place. The bottle is nothing special, just a big hunk of clear glass.

Scent: Here is where things get tricky...this stuff smells NOTHING like limes after it has been on your skin for 1 minute. I can't really describe the scent that remains after the lime has faded, but it is absolutely amazing.

Complexity: Not terribly complex, just nice and smooth.

Staying Power: Pretty decent, lasts a good 8 hours on me.

Quality of Atomizer: Delivers the perfect amount in small doses.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I really like this one, although the lime note does disappear somewhat quickly. The remaining notes are still quite nice and last several hours on me.
I sort of like it, but after the Limes is gone in about 5 minutes, it turns into something like Burberry Brit. It's OK, but I wouldn't call it Limes.
I love this stuff, excellent scent which becomes quite floral after a while on the skin, great packaging and a great price compared to other cologne's. I don't have a problem with the staying power at all. I can still smell it at the end of the day. I guess this depends on your skin type and how you wear it, but the longevity has not been an issue for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
OK, I bought this because I LOVE LIMES and because it was affordable.. $40 shipped from C&E website.

Beautiful packaging.. Nice design, some nice embossing, spot gloss UV (for you design/print nerds).

The bottle and atomizer.. Fine.. I care what's INSIDE (usually).

The smell is very nice. Sniff, Sniff.. Then it's GONE. I really don't think this has lasted more than five minutes on me. I've tried 10-15 sprays in one spot to see if it would make a difference. Nope.

Although I love the smell, it doesn't last.

Total waste of money.

Soon to appear in For Sale section.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)