What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn sweet almond shaving soap

This is my favourite soap. I truly feel the sweet almond oil combined with glycerin are the best combination to leave my skin very moisturised and supple, even my girlfriend comments on the difference of my skin compared to other soaps and creams.

Another advantage is that it is very protective, I used an astra blade on its 4th shave and I didn't get any nics or cuts, if I used anything else I would have got some cuts or burn for sure!

Too bad C&E were silly enough to discontinue this soap, in my very honest opinion, it has never, ever let me down.

The scent is very nice and I love using this soap...it gets the most use in my rotation for sure.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I got It PIFed, so the price is perfect:lol:. I love this little soap, it's really great, good lather, easy enough to do, slick as you want it, good moisturizing and leaves a happy skin after the shave. I prefer face lathering with this soap, I find that mug lather isn't quite that good on this soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Great little soap. Not sure why they relegated the almond line to tube and small bars of soap, but I'm not too worked up about it. For $5 you get a great smelling, great shaving soap. It loses a lot of its sweet almond smell when you lather it up, but it still has a clean fresh scent to it. I really like the stuff and plan to keep it on hand.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
C&E SAO soap ended my long run with Williams a few weeks ago, and I'm not looking back. SAO lathers beautifully, offers good lubrication and moisture, and has a nice scent. At this price for a triple-milled soap, I'll plan to stock up.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I enjoyed this soap, more because I tried the cream first and although I liked the scent of the cream, I prefer the sweeter smell of the soap. I picked up two smaller pucks for less than one of the larger C&E Pucks of soap, so the price was great.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I found this to be a very pleasing soap, it seems to out perform the other few I have tried. At the 4 bucks I paid for one puck it was a steal! I found it very easy to generate alot of lather and it performed very well. I really like the scent, but it smells like one of those love it or hate scents, I love it. My only complaint is its not very moisturizing, it doesn't seem to be drying, but doesn't add any moisture if that makes any good sense. I was wondering if I would ever liek soaps and this has opened the door for me, I can't wait to try other high end soaps now. Great soap for the price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
I liked this soap. Huge amounts of very creamy lather. Doesn't lubricate as well as some of the Glycerin soaps, but really really beautiful lather.

I milled this and put into a sealed bowl.

Scent is amazing and for a milled soap price is ok. I'll buy more if available.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I am a fan of the C&E SAO cream, so I picked up a round of the soap at TJ Maxx on clearance. Scentwise, it is the same as the cream but muted a bit. It has a floral, raw almond scent. Lathered on the face, it provided less cushion than the cream but cut closer as one might expect from a hard soap. All in all a top notch, tripled milled soap. With all of the other soap options out there I doubt I'll buy it again unless I run into a deal, but for $6 or less I'd say it provides a good opportunity for someone to get in to a triple milled soap on the cheap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
who opens her mouth and the illusion is shattered.

I received this soap with some other items and I was stoked when this morning I whipped up a monstrous brush load of the most gorgeous fluffy firm unctuous lather, the scent was very pleasant wiped it on and was about to enjoy my shave, wrong- zero lubrication- none- very difficult shave dragging and snagging. In all fairness I require a soap to be super lubricating and slick or I toss it. I cannot even revisit this one.:mad:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
One of the best shaving soaps anywhere, what a pity it might not be around very soon. It really works like a charm, the scent is delightful, the lather and everything else about it is truly tops. C & E lovers, hold off at your own risk!

Jeff
Top Bottom