What's new

CRABTREE & EVELYN-Nomad aftershave balm

Pros: Smells like Polo
Cons: Smells like Polo
Boring and oily. I don't know how anyone could say Nomad isn't oily - unless I got a bad batch. Smells exactly like Polo, but the packaging is cool!!! I like the camel.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I have the Nomad trifecta; the shave soap, AS balm, and EDT. All 3 are exceptional quality products.

This balm is VERY balmy. If you are familiar with aftershave milk, know that this stuff is way, waaay thicker. I think it's just slightly thinner than proraso pre/post cream. It's that thick. I like it.

Price is about average. It doesn't get a 10 because it just doesn't steal the show, making it an AS balm that rarely gets used in my rotation.

Quality is very good. The AS is nice, and the bottle and atomizer are superior to others I've seen.

No cooling sensation. No problem.

Scent is amazing. I love the earthy, bamboo-like scent of Nomad. It is truly distinct and classy, IMHO. It's very masculine also. Not for the faint of heart.

I believe it to be very moisturizing. After all, it is an AS balm. It was designed to restore moisture to freshly shaved skin. Works quite effectively too, might I add. My skin doesn't feel greasy after application, just very supple and smooth. I will have to say there is a very slight tingling sensation upon application. Only lasts for a few seconds. Not that big of a deal to me, as the pros outweigh the cons.

I would recommend this product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
A quality product, loved the scent and the non-sticky-to-the-ground bottom coating of the bottle. However the balm went bad after few years, which is sad on one hand but positive on the other (perhaps it shows good list of ingredients).
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This is a top dollar kind of aftershave. At $30/100ml bottle, it does demand a premium price, but it is money well spent, which helps balance and justify the purchase, giving it an 8/10 for price.

Quality is what you'd expect from Crabtree & Evelyn. The bottle is gorgeous and functional. The rubberized coating is classy and useful. Everything about this reeks of exceptional quality control and product design. My one complaint is that the cap seems cheap and flimsy, even for a plastic screw-top. That's just me nitpicking, though, so 9/10 in that area.

If you're looking for an aftershave that will treat and reduce razor burn, this is not the one to do it. It doesn't seem to have much effect one way or the other, though I imagine that the moisturizing properties play some roll in prevention, so here it scores a luke warm 7/10.

While it may not be chocked full of menthol or eucalyptus, it does feel refreshing after a cold water rinse. For this reason, this seems like a winter aftershave to me, when cooling sensation may not be desired. However, living in an air-conditioned house, after the bathroom has been closed up for a while, it can get quite cool, so this balm has become my favored standard. Therefore, I give it an 8/10.

The scent is fantastic! It is spicy but well rounded. It reminds me in some ways of Aqua di Gio pour Homme. It isn't masculine in a sharp, unfriendly way. Cool, exotic, and inviting. 10/10 for scent.

This balm does everything I want and need it to do, and more. I feel like the Efficacy section is somewhat redundant (as it is a summation of all properties which lead to it's overall usefulness), so I guess I'll give it a 10, because it is my perfect balm.

Moisturization abound! It pampers your skin like you wouldn't believe. If it was less expensive, I'd use it on my hands and shoulders as well. It leaves skin feeling soft, but not sticky or powdery. No feeling of taughtness or discomfort. Another 10 in this category.

You would be hard pressed to make this stuff burn your face. You would have to have a really, really bad shave, and scrape off most of your skin. It is very gentle, and very calming. YMMV, of course. But, for the purposes of this review, one last 10 in the hole for Nomad.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This balm does what it's supposed to as far as moisturizing and leaving your skin feeling soft. It soaks in well and does not leave a heavy greasy feeling which is great but the scent kills it. The scent way overbearing for an aftershave balm and people have told me it smells like weeds! My girlfriend hates it and says it gives her a headache so if the sweetie don't like it.....that makes a difference. :001_tt1:

Not my type of scent and totally clashes if wearing cologne. I'll pass on this one because of the overpowering scent and the outrageous price.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
:thumbup:I adore the smell of this stuff, it's wonderful (I've got the soap & cream as well) It sinks in easily and leaves the skin feeling conditioned. Although the initial price seems high you only need a tiny amount. Packaging is classy, the jar looks great on the shelf!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
PSA, go to the Crabtree and Evelyn outlet stores. There they have travel size bottles of Nomad aftershave balm that are 1.7 ounces, they are selling them for 4 for $10, so you get 6.8 ounces for $10, versus 3.4 ounces for $30.
This is my favorite aftershave balm.
It smells great, leaves your skin soft and smooth.
Doesn't have a cooling sensation, but it soothes your face nonetheless.

It is rather pricey though, and that's why I've tried to find a cheaper substitute. I have tried 5 other products, but none come close. I know I'll keep going back to this one.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
My wife's favorite in my rotation, due to its great scent. It does not soothe as well as Pre de Provence, but it still does a good job. I hope C&E is not getting rid of it, I just bought 3 more bottles for a highly discounted price.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I really like it, I'm not sure if I'd buy it for the regular $30 again. The scent is great & I like the soothing effect, even though I rate the AoS & the Pre de Provence higher in this respect. If it's on sale, grab it, no doubt!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This is the most expensive lotion I have paid for yet, that being said I will rank this stuff very high in my book. The scent is quite nice and my wife has no problem using it on her legs because the scent is not extremely manly, the rubber type coating around the entire bottle makes it nice also for not slipping on the counter and dinging against the other glass bottles I have. I believe I'll shell out the bucks to purchase another bottle when I run out.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Very nice scent and great relieving sensation. Planning also to try out the CE Sandalwood since this is presently my scent of preference.
I like the rubberised (or is it?) coating since it is a great pre on slippery bathroom surfaces.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
At $35 for 100ml its hard to say if the price is worth it. It is great stuff though, and a little bit goes a long way. Besides, it smells great.
I've been using some pretty expensive balms by vichy and biotherm. I had got some samples to try out, then resently i brought some c&e nomad balm and i found it not only to be a great scent but my face felt softer then with these other balms. So i give it a big thumbs up.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)