What's new

Cow-Soap Brand Brushless Shaving Cream

Cool to hear that the stuff works for you. I haven't had much luck with the Japanese brushless creams (tried a few now) but I must admit, I haven't tried the Cow-brand stuff. Will seek it out!
I've been looking for shave goodies locally here in Northern Japan for some time. I finally ran across something that wasn't canned goo or a cartridge. I hoped that it was a regular cream that I could lather up with one of my great brushes. When it was time to give it a go. I soaked my brush in warm/hot water like usual. I added about an almond sized amount of this cream to my lather bowl, started working it with my B&BE and NOTHING. I tried all combinations, a little more water, less water, more cream, less cream etc. It became all too clear that this is brushless. With the consistency what it was I really wasn't sure before I tried. So, I squirted more into my hand and worked it onto my face. There was no sign of lather whatsoever. In fact it remained creamy. However, it felt nice and slick so I was ready to give it a go. I got four passes (re-applying cream between passes) 1 WTG, 2 XTG and 1 ATG. In the end I got a fantastic BBS shave with no irritation. The drawback is that it is brushless so I had to reapply and wash my hands in between every pass as opposed to simply brushing on more and continuing on with the shave. This nearly doubled the time it normally takes me to shave. But the final result was very very nice. I got a fantastic BBS shave with no irritation, cuts, nicks, weepers etc.

Here's a breakdown:

Price: This cost ¥298 (roughly $3.25 depending on the exchange rate). It is very affordable and not bad for what it is.

Quality: The end results of the shave were fantastic. It is very slick and protective.

Scent: It has a pleasant scent (though I'm not sure how to describe it).

Latherability: Totally N/A as this is definitely brushless

Efficacy: It worked very well, though the re-application process in between passes was a hassle.

Moisturizing Properties: This really seems to be neutral (at least on my skin) not drying nor moisturizing.

Packaging: Simple tube as pictured. Adequate given the cost of this item.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)