What's new

Col Conk's Full Volume Pure Badger Brush

Item Description

I just got this brush and am totally overwhelmed.
Ergonomics: It has a large, full handle. This is very important to me as I have very large hands. Many brushes and razors just aren't comfortable to me to use. This one is like grabbing a perfectly shaped gear shift in a car, it just makes you want to grab it and go.
Bristles: Wow, what can I say? Soft on the ends but stiff enough to really fell good on your face. Holds enough water to take care of several thirsty camels! And dense, wow, it is a full and thick brush.
Latherability: Using an experiment soap, it whipped up a fantastic lather. I can only imagine what it will do with a really good soap!
Price: It lists for $43 on the Colonel's website. This is a bargain! Excellent brush for the money.
I may change my opinion, but this thing would have to start shedding like my wife's cat or just fall apart. Will post more in a couple of weeks.
BTW: the pic is from their website.

Latest reviews

This is the brush that has convinced me that all brushes are not created equal. It picks up soap and water so easy that on your higher end soaps you may have to take it a little easier than normal or you might find out that you will be replacing your soap faster then expected!
I have used this also with shaving creams but I would say that this brush is much more of a treat for the soap shaver.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Have either of you tried it with creams?
I got this brush because it was just what they had when I got my "new" shaving supplies back in August '08. That was when I got fed up with the Fusion. I knew nothing about brushes but I just wanted to get one that would do the job. Well, it's been 5 months and I couldn't be happier. It has handled my daily use very well. More expensive brushes may have a little of an edge on this brush but when you consider the price, it's hard to beat the Conk pure badger.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)