What's new

Coconut Shaving Cream

Pros: Nice scent and easy to lather.
Cons: Water hungry. Lather needs to be hit with some water halfway through the shave to keep it slick.
TOBS Coconut is a good cream, smells nice and is easy to lather. Provides good protection. As with all TOBS creams I find it needs water added to keep it slick. Overall, a good product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Excellent, authentic fragrance, great lather, good price,
Cons: Dries slightly faster than other TOBS
I received this cream for Christmas. My usual cream of choice is TOBS sandalwood.

I find the coconut fragrance to be amazing. It smells like coconut cream pie. The smell is so intoxicating it makes me want to eat the lather! The scent is subtle after the shave and lingers for about an hour.

This cream is perhaps slightly more water hungry than other TOBS creams but, like the others, it produces a lovely lather effortlessly.

At the moment, I'm actually enjoying this cream more than any other! It is definitely worth a try if you enjoy coconut.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice scent, decent lather
Cons: Not as protective as other TOBS
I like the scent - not too artificial smelling, subtle, but full of coconut goodness. The tub I received, however, seems drier than other TOBS I use (esp. avocado). It's less creamy and more clay-like. Perhaps this is how it's supposed to be, but it's less appealing when I put it on the brush.

I've used this cream about 6 times with a couple razor/blade combinations I usually like, and the cream hasn't been as protective and smooth as TOBS avocado (the only other TOBS I use). I'm bringing it on a trip to Hawaii later this month - perhaps a return to a tropical area will make it perform better?
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: quality, price
Cons: none if you like coconut
A new product from Taylors that is up to their high standards. This is a quality product for a reasonable price.

The coconut smell is, for me, a little synthetic. It smells at bit like 1970's sun tan lotion, which is not a great association for me. I prefer the Trumper scent.

The scent is not long lasting, which is good, but pleasant enough during shaving.

Other than the scent, this behaves the same as other Taylors products - which is very well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)