What's new

CO Bigelow Body Wash No. 1605 "Elixir Black"

Pros: Smells Great, Lathers Great
Cons: Very Runny
This product is a very moisturizing body wash with a apothecary ingredient. Aloe Vera 0.5%
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent, amazing lather
Cons: container seems prone to crack
I'm a huge fan of the product. It has the same great scent as the Elixir Black cologne and no funny dyes and additives. The smell does not linger after the shower.

As the previous reviewer mentioned, it lathers amazingly well. A little product goes a long way. Yeah, it is more expensive than most body soaps, but if you don't use it like a typical 1$ body soap it will last forever. They usually last me 4-6 months of daily showering, and i use it as a shampoo too.

The one downside is if you aren't careful with the container it won't last as long as the product. The plastic joints can split. It isn't fragile or anything, but I have had to put it into different containers once the original started leaking. But that was in a gym setting, I haven't had the same problem at home.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Each scent in the CO Bigelow series corresponds to the color of the tube it comes in (Elixir Black, Elixir Red, Elixir Blue, and Elixir Green). I've used to them all, personally preferring the scent of Elixir Red, however, the female response seems to be that Elixir Black is the clear favorite. Each seem to have the exact same moisturizing and lathering properties, just their scents very. You could take this review as being an "umbrella review" for all the others in the series as well.

For five bucks, you can get a premium body wash at your local megastore (Axe, Dove, Gillette, etc), however, they seem to require a lot of product to get a "decent" lather and their scents are usually cheap and wear off by the time you have dried off. After a month, it's time to chuck it into the bin and buy another.

For the ten bucks you pay for CO Bigelow at Bath and Body works, though, your value for dollar goes a lot further. This stuff lathers like insanity, and requires very little product to achieve that (I'm using a lufa in this instance). Because you use so little product, this tube of body wash goes a lot further than your garden variety -- I usually get three months or more out of a tube, and I'm certainly not stingy with the product. The lather really is something to behold though, since it makes so much rich soapiness out of such a little serving.

The next big thing is how well is moisturizes: no drying or friction sensation here, just top quality soap and scent. After a long, sweaty day this soap really cleans up deep dirt, ink, heavy sweat -- you name it, it will conquer it.

And of course lastly, the scent. It's a slight peppery masculine scent over shadowed by a strong "clean sensation". Hard to describe specifically, but smells inarguably clean and manly. The scent is strong for about an hour, and stays on your skin throughout the day, ensuring a clean smell.

I highly suggest this (or any of their other three smells) to anyone. It tops anything else I've come across, and revitalizes the skin with ease with it's insane amount of lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)