What's new

Clinique Post Shave Healer

I have been using this product during my time in University and as many others felt that "trial and error" procedure would finally bring me to " one". Is this the product i have been searching for? Maybe. It does the job done by soothing the skin, minimizing irritation( if you do get one). Personally i find the bottle really handy to bring along on the trips. As many have said before you surely don`t need much.
The smell is not the best one but once again i am not looking for that in this product.

Recommend to everyone with sensetive skin! Go and get one!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love this stuff. :001_smile

You only need a very small dab of it to do the job, and do it very well. I'm on my 1st 75 ml bottle, and it still has some left after 2 months of use. Impressive for me, since I tend to need a lot of product to soothe my dry, sensitive skin.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I, or my neck, lived on this stuff for the better part of 6 years when I had chronic razor burn. The Clinique stuff did the business and I would recommend this to anyone who doesnt want their after shave balm to interfere with their cologne or after shave. The appearance can be misleading as it looks nothing more than milk; it's thin, runny and doesnt give the impression that it will do much to sooth. Once applied though, your reservations are dispelled as it's instantly kills any redness or razor burn. For those of you who must wear a stiff white collar and tie to work each day, this is the stuff for you. For added effect, I was told by the Clinique girl (who in ye goode olde days used to knock on your front door like the Avon Lady) that when used in conjunction with the M lotion the soothing effect is improved greatly. I stopped using this because I moved overseas and it cost and arm and leg compared to, sharp intake of breath, Gilette's afer shave gel.:biggrin1:
My wife, who rarely buys me shaving supplies, went all out and searched for an amazing aftershave for sensitive skin. I had preveiously used Nivea, but that was leaving me with ingrown hairs and irritation. My wife found this and decided to buy it for me as a gift. I tried it and loved it immediately.

It is pricier than the drugstore stuff, but well worth it in my mind. It kills razor burn and prevents irritation on my neck, that all other AS's could not (I wirk in a white collar job...so i always have a shirt collar against my neck). Personally I don't feel a cooling sensation, but I put it on right after a cold water splash. There is no decernable scent for me either, which i love because I want the scent of the soaps I used to linger, and they do.

This product leaves my face moisturized, and has absolutely no oily feel after it is applied. My face gets oily enough...and this actually seems to help prevent that. there is an alcohol burn...if you have had a rough shave, it will tell tou. But it is nothing to fear, it is more of a tingle and goes away as quickly as it comes.

I have used this product solely for around a year now. I am thinking of trying the odd other AS, but as I told my wife, I LOVE this one and will always return to it as my primary.

Good job Clinique! This is your second AS you made that I love!:thumbup:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I have been using this ever since I started shaving 10 years ago and feel it would be churlish to complain about any aspect of it.

About 15 pounds for a product of this quality that lasts for several months of daily use seems pretty reasonable. The milky, scentless balm applies easily; cooling and moisturising extremely effectively as soon as it goes on. Afterwards I notice no stickiness or powdery feel that I do after some other balms, and none of the shiny "sealed" look that I get from Nivea.

The packaging is typical Clinique: minimalist and timeless. The small grey bottle works well in a travel kit, despite its longevity, and is unbreakable while not feeling flimsy. Also, it's easy to regulate the amount from the nozzle at the top.

Glad I've tried so many of the rest because soon I'll be able to go back to using this, the best :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I totally agree with the post above. I have very sensitive skin tried all the balms in the world, but this one is it for me. Heals and softens your skin better than any product I've used before. Scent, cooling sensation, price and alcohol burn, I don't really care about. Most important thing is treating razor burn and red spots for me, and this product does an excellent job.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Ill start off by saying that this is really a very good product. Ive been using it exclusively for 2 years now. Previously I had used a wide variety of commonly available products in the mens section of supermarkets and chemists without much joy. The top of that list was Nivea AS balm, which wasnt bad at all. However, after using this Clinique I have never gone back.

It is a thin and runny milk-type product, with a very slight brown tinge. It is unscented, so I have marked that as n/a. It does however have a very slight hint of a synthetic smell. For me at least, it is not unpleasant, and does not persist at all after application.

Upon post-shave application, you get a very mild 'alcholy-type' tingle. But this is definatley not an alcohol burn sensation. It is more like a mild quenching of any nicks which is actually very satisfying! It definately leaves the skin feeling refreshed and nourished. It is also an effective moisturiser, and I have turned to it even when unshaved for taking good care of any extreme cold winter facial skin dryness. The product instantly absorbs into the skin, not leaving any of that horrible greasy feeing you sometimes get with other products.

The only real downside is cost. It does seem pricey at approximately £15 for 75ml. However, you dont need to apply much, and one 75ml bottle lasted me approximately 6 months. (For me, i find it effective to use a small 'penny' sized amount after each shave.)

As with all Clinique products, they are marketed as 'suitable for all skin types, and allergy tested under the supervision of dermatologists.'

No ingredients ar elisted on the bottle, and I had a tough time tracking them down. This is what I found by searching online for details, but please note that I cannot be sure of their accuracy.

"The ingredients in Clinique’s post-shave healer include: water (aqua purificata) purified, aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) gel, alcohol denat, witch hazel (hamamelis virginiana), almond (prunus dulcis) meal extract, althea (althea officinalis) extract, cyclomethicone, dioctyl malate, c12-15 alkyl Benzoate, oleate, phospholipids, bisabolol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, aloe (aloe barbadensis), acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, myreth-3 Myristate, isocetyl stearate, butylene glycol, trisodium edta, and methylparaben."

I definately recommend giving this one a go.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)