What's new

Classic Shaving-Classic Brand Premium Bay Rum Shave Cream

Just tried this for the first time and it's hard for me to say anything good about this cream, because as soon as I put it on it was to strong and began to burn. But it sure did lather up. I talked to Classic Shaving and told them what had happened and they sent me out a tub of lavender at there expense. Great cutomer service!!! What a great cream except for the scent. It does not smell like lavender and it's hard to say what it smells like. I will also post a review on the lavender.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
First time I tried it I felt my face was going to burn off the cream was so strong. Now I'm used to the burn, don't feel it, and miss it. This is really a wonderful workhorse cream and a favorite. Lathers on real good.
Since I have been enjoying it so much, I thought I'd write a review for Classic Shaving's Bay Rum shaving cream.

Price: At first I wasn't sure about buying a small outfit shave cream at the price of $17. This is almost as much as a tub of Salter cream. But after using it, I would not hesitate to buy another tub; it is just as good, if not better, than all the high end stuff I have used.

Quality: Excellent. Take a look at the ingredients list on Classic's site. It's made with some pretty high quality stuff. Aloe leaf juice is the first ingredient and shea butter is up there.

Scent: At first I didn't know what to make of the scent. In the tub it doesn't smell like anything in particular. Once I lathered it up however, the scent comes out. I wouldn't peg it as bay rum exactly, but it is spicy. Not exactly sweet like pumpkin pie, but it has a similar mellow spiciness. Maybe not what I expected but certainly not objectionable.

Latherability: This stuff really makes a nice lather. It doesn't seem to require any special tricks like some creams, it just works. Very moist, dense, and slick.

Efficacy: Very effective. It provides good cushion and good lubrication. At the same time it allows for a close shave if one desires it.

Moisturizing: Very good moisturizing properties. I find I can even go without an aftershave on occasion. My skin feels very good after shaving with this.

Packaging: The tub this comes in has a good solid feel to it. However, it would be nice if Classic could get some plasticized labels as the paper ones the use now tend to get smudged and wrinkled when they get wet.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)