What's new

Chelsea's Soap Garden Shaving Soap

this is the first time i've used chelsea's soap and i have to say it excellent i ordered the arabian spice, awesome scent, my wife thinks so to. :lol:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I just came across Chelsea's soaps online like most everyone else here. I really wasn't expecting much but figured, hey, for $2.50 I might as well give it a whirl. So, I bought the Arabian Spice scent a few months ago.

I was blown away. This soap really gives other soaps at 10 times the price a run for their money. It is a softer soap than many of the glycerin soaps I have tried. It lathers so easy and seems like it never dries out. Plus, the scent is awesome!

Highly Recommended! Give this one a try for sure.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
are this soaps still available?Im a recent glycerin based soap convert and I would love to try this one.
This is the best shave soap I've tried so far IMO. I agree with most everyone else so far. This was a great little inexpensive ebay find. I highly recommend this soap. I've tried the Burberry and Ginger lime. Both really great scents and will 100% for sure be purchasing more in the future.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I switched over from KMF to Chelsea's soap. Currently using Burbery. The smell is awesome, I have it on the counter and makes the bathroom smell great. The lather produced really sticks to the brush and there is always lather left on the brush after the 3rd pass and Chelsea's is really slick also as has been mentioned. Pucks like williams feels like a rock. Price wise its dirt cheap but I couldn't give it tens across the board as there is definitely something missing, but can't put my finger on it. Maybe because this stuff is so slick, you expect the blade to glide perfectly on your skin, ..I dunno. Overall, a great soap.
Though I have not been using a brush, soap and DE very long, I can't imaging finding a much better shaving soap than this. I purchased the "burberry" and am soon to place another order. It has an excellent lather and my wife loves the fresh smell (not over-powering). You can't go wrong at that price. :thumbup1:

This is an update to my prior post. I finished my first Chelsea soap round and, though I thought it to be nearly perfect, I decided to purchase some other handmade shaving soaps. So, I purchased Honeybee Shaving Soaps. I wasn't disappointed in the least, however, I find that I get a much closer shave and a better lather with Chelsea's. As the previous author/member mentioned, it has a full, long lasting lather and is very slick. My Feather blade glides quite smoothly. I have purchased Burberry, Ginger-lime, Arabian Spice and Polo Blue. My favorite is the Polo Blue and least favorite is Arabian Spice The scents of ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in the latter were a slight overpowering for my liking. The Ginger-lime is also quite nice. I only suggest to the maker that she expand her fragrances. You must give these a go. :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I love everything about her soaps. The price can't be beat for the quality. I've been using her soaps for a good while now and as stated above, the lather stays for a long time. I can lather up, leave it on to soften my whiskers as I brush my hair, deoderize my pits and THEN shave. The soap doesn't dry out the skin. I love the compact shape of the soap cakes, they fit my vintage scuttles just right. Try the Polo Blue!
Ernest
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
D
I've been using Chelsea's Bay Rum scented shaving soap.

I just have to say that this is the best shaving soap that I've ever tried.

It lathers up quickly, soothes completely and provides an invigorating scent that lasts. The scent from this Bay Rum soap is fantastic.

My face is noticeably smoother and softer after using it for only two weeks.

It's definitely worth a try and the price is dirt cheap.

You can purchase the soaps directly rather than on e-bay at this url:

http://www.chelseassoapgarden.com/categoryNavigationDocument.hg?categoryId=18
Good morning gents. I would like to take a moment to review some fine shaving soaps from Chelsea's Soap Garden, an eBay seller. I came across her products randomly, and was intrigued by the Ginger-Lime soap, two scents which are at the top of my favorites list. I had her site bookmarked for months before I finally got around to ordering, and now I wish I hadn't waited so long.

I got two shave soaps, one in Ginger-Lime, and another in "Katmandu" (ignore the QED shave stick):
attachment.php

These are glycerin-based soaps with lots of other stuff added. According to her site: "Natural White Glycerin soap, French White Clay, Aloe Vera Gel, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E and an amazing new product called "Foaming Bath Butter". The foaming bath butter produces an incredible lather" And as for the two scents, ginger lime: "A refreshing citrus blend with a subtle hint of fresh ginger on a mild musky background", and Katmandu: "A soft lingering fragrance with an intoxicating opulent base. Top notes of jasmine. Mid notes of spice, camphor and cedar wood. A rich base of patchouli, musk, powder and woody notes."

The soaps are individually shrink-wrapped and labeled. The labels are a bit on the cheesy side, but for $2.99, I can't really complain. BTW, the soaps are about 3 oz.

Feeling the soaps out of the package, they feel very slick indeed. A good sign for shaving. These are meltable - I put each soap in an Anchor Hocking glass container and nuked it for about 10 seconds to fuse it to the bowl so it didn't clink around while lathering. I didn't want to fully melt it since I wasn't sure if this would affect the scent or efficacy.

Now for the scent. If you are used to using QED glycerin soaps, these are a bit different. I am not sure if it is the matrix the scents are in, or perhaps the use of fragrance oils instead of EO's, but these don't have the purity of aroma that Charles' products do. That doesn't mean to say they are inferior, only different. Actually, the ginger-lime soap has a great scent. It really comes alive as you lather it. The Katmandu was a bit disappointing after reading the description. To me, it smells smostly like vanilla. Anyway, on to the shave.

Here is the ginger-lime, ready to go:
displayimage.php

And here is my new T&H ebony brush getting nice and wet:
displayimage.php

A few swirls on soap:
displayimage.php

A few more:
displayimage.php

Hitting the bowl:
displayimage.php

Now we are getting somewhere:
displayimage.php

Beautiful lather:
displayimage.php

This stuff produces loads of rich, luxurious, scented lather.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

And the "Ferman shot":
displayimage.php

Here is my patented drying test. I lather my arm (you don't want to see my ugly mug):
displayimage.php

and leave it for 10 minutes and get this:
displayimage.php

No problem with the lather drying out.

The shave was great. Very slick stuff indeed. I would put this up there with QED in terms of shave quality, and for $2.99 it is a great deal. The Ginger-Lime scent is a winner. I didn't care as much for the scent of the Katmandu, but it still gave a great shave. She has other scents as well that I haven't tried.

All in all, I can recommend this product. Give it a try! For $2.99 you can't go wrong!
Top Bottom