What's new

Chanel Antaeus

This is a powerhouse 80s classic with enough legs to keep it available to present.

If you're wearing this, you'll feel in charge and aloof.

But it's got a warm, sensual side to it as well so it won't scare off all the ladies. (But some of them will be afraid, very afraid).

Power scents like this are not in vogue right now, so if you're wearing Anteus, you will stand apart to a degree. But it's a good place to be standing.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Ols school, Manly and gentelmany. This is what a rich guy that kicks butt wears... no not, trump... Bruce Wayne, tony starck kindof rich and kicking but. Strong durable Orietntal
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I've sampled the current production and while it's still a wonderful scent, it's not quite what the vintage (80's to mid-90's) was. Since I know vintage production much better than current, I'll add my comments here regarding vintage (which I think can still be had on-line, but quantities are limited).

The vintage opens with sage, woods, and citrus, with a bit of warmth (leather?) in the background. The citrus starts to recede into the background after an hour or so, when the sage / dry woods / leather develop a bit more. After a while the beeswax takes center stage and that has you covered for the rest of the day, and pretty much the next day as well.

As I understand it, the beeswax (among other things) is cut back in the current production, but it's still there.

It is profoundly strong. One spray has me covered for the day, and I've had to decant to a smaller atomizer with a lower-volume sprayer.

This is my go-to scent. It's both powerful and comfortable. It's not in the current fashion, it's certainly not in vogue at the moment, and not much out there smells like it (I hear Trussardi Uomo comes close, but cannot vouch for that), but I wouldn't relinquish my stock for all the tea in China. Put it this way: when I 'm scheduled to give a speech, I wear this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
A combination of patchouli, wood, and oakmoss with a hint of talcum, floral, and citrus make Antaeus a fragrance for a man who is confident - including confident enough to be in touch with his vulnerable aspects. It's at once bold, powerful, earthy, and romantic, with a bit of softness in the background.

The packaging is basic, but attractive. The bottle is glossy black with white lettering - elegant, but no-nonsense. The atomizer works great.

At the time of this writing, Antaeus is becoming hard to find at B&M locations. Availability online is a little better, but I'd advise those who want to try Antaeus to not wait too long.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)