What's new

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

I've been using this facial cleanser daily for a few years now and it works great and is very gentle. Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I've been using Cetaphil every day since the early 90s. My dermatologist recommended it, and I've found it to be the most moisturizing, least irritating face wash around. If you have any concerns about your skin Cetaphil is a totally safe bet.

That said, there's certainly nothing exciting or luxurious or even interesting about it. It comes in a drab, white bottle, and the cream itself is odorless. Nothing olde-time barbershoppy about it, nor does it feel luxurious like some of the fine English products. But it does work very well.

As far as I know it comes in the classic liquid form, a special daily facial cleanser formulation (a clear liquid in an opaque bottle - I found it marginally less mild than the basic edition), and in bars. Not an enticing product, but a very functional one.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I use it every single day as well and I think it's a great product at a great price. It leaves my face clean and soft. The bar version is a bit more drying though so if you have really sensitive skin like I do you might want to buy the liquid version instead.
This stuff works great.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I'm not going to rate this product as it's phenomenal for what it is, but what it is isn't phenomenal.

I used facial cleansers and body washes for years before discovering true soap - Yardley's American being favorite - is infinitely superior to these detergents by leaps and bounds.

They scarcely clean.
I've picked up Cetaphil based on the recommendations of this review and website. They sell the facial wash for oily skin, but I picked up the regular version as it is made for hands as well. I've got to say Cetaphil has grown on me. The first impression was rather weak I must admit. I like to combine with other mild products in my regimen.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
The only complaint I've ever heard about Cetaphil is that the Gentle version is not too good at taking off makeup...LOL, since I don't wear makeup it's not a problem for me.

Works great on my "troubled" skin. Price is cheap compared to anything else.
There website states that they don't make "generics" for Walmart or whoever, Cetaphil is Cetaphil, plain & simple.

Latherability - well I gave it a 10 because it's not supposed to lather & it doesn't.

No scent. Simple packaging....I hate paying for the packaging, what I want
are "contents".

I use their moisturizer also as an aftershave on my neck & it feels great after a shave, soothing & healing any razor burn.

Cetaphil products are highly recommended by Dermatologists for their gentle
formula's and non-comedogenic qualities. The don't clog your pores, so
they don't cause zits or blackheads.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
I got the cleanser and moisturizing lotion for $9.97 each. 16oz bottles. I love this stuff. I've been using my wife's Kiss My Face exfoliating wash, and it was good, but Cetaphil is more gentle and I don't feel like I'm roughing up my face by washing twice a day.

The only drawback for me is the difficulty lathering this stuff. When I put it on my face, it seems to dissipate quickly. It works better without water, as noted on the bottle, but this is taking some adjusting.

There is no discernable scent, at least to me.

The lotion doesn't have parabens, but the cleanser does. This is a slight nuisance to me, but I'll live with it. At least the lotion is without.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
I've also used Cetaphil for years. I've tried others but always come back to it. I'm not sure why I even bother to buy anything else. Cetaphil is great for my skin. I also like that it doesn't bother my eyes if I get some in them. Some people might not like that it doesn't foam if that's what they are used to. Everybody should try this if they haven't yet. I get it at Sam's or Costco.:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
I really like the this cleanser too. The only drawback IMO is the scent. To me it does have a scent, it smells like glue to me. I have the ginormous bottle (don't know how many oz.) and I've had it for almost a year and still have a little less than half left. Also, the Cetaphil Daily Facial Mostirurizer is pretty good too. It has Parsol, a sunscreen, with an SPF of 15. I know some don't like sunscreen in their products but I don't mind. I'll have to try the bar soap.

:thumbup:
Agreed. Cheap, excellent product. Highly recommended by Dermatoligists also. The lotion is a nice product too.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
I believe this is great stuff as well. I have the liquid pump in the shower and beside my sink. It is also a glycerin based product. I had a lady at Nordstrom's try to sell me some Lucky Tiger face wash but I wouldn't even consider it because of Cetaphil. Lastly, I like the slight scent to it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Cetaphil is a staple in my shower. I enjoy the fact that it's extremely gentle and fragrance-free. Also, it doesn't make a foam and leaves no residue which causes my skin to feel fantastic after I use it. It comes in a convenient pump bottle, but I find that the right amount to use for my face is 1.5 squirts which I see as a design flaw, but you might use more or less for your own face. Price gets a 9 only because it's more expensive than the cheapest generic face cleanser.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
I've been using this facial cleanser for quite a while now. I've tried A LOT of facial cleansers and I come back to this one every single time. I feel that it's the most gentle facial cleanser you can buy. It's non-alkaline, non-comedogenic, and fragrance free. Gentle enough to be used on an infant's delicate skin. Your face will not feel tight or dehydrated after using this. I've always felt that this is the "safest" choice if you're having problems finding a facial cleanser or you're undecided on which to try. There's no need to spend $30 on a face wash. You can buy Cetaphil for under $10 at any drugstore or grocery store. It has no scent, whatsoever. Not even a medicinal smell that you often get with unscented products. This is an extremely gentle, safe, no-nonsense, straight-up facial cleanser for everyday use. I use the Cetaphil bar soap in the shower which is also just as gentle and completely unscented. I will never use another bar soap ever again.

Highly recommended ....
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing