What's new

Cella Crema Da Sapone

Pros: Initial scent, ease of lather, slickness, protection, cost, post shave
Cons: Scent fades when when lathered
My only issue with this soap is the scent fades when it's lathered. Other than that what a gem of a croap. Slickness is great but there are better. The post shave feel is amazing!! If you haven't tried it like I hadn't .... do it!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: This is really all you need
Cons: zero
This stuff is all you ever really need. It's top marks in every category! The only reason I ever used anything else is for variety, but if I had to choose only one soap for daily use it would be this!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent
Cons: ease of lather
I received this as a PIF, so for price I cannot complain. I've used it twice now and both times I have to work to create a decent lather. I've not got the ratio of product to water correct yet. It does produce a very slick lather, thought I've yet to get it thick and cushiony. I'll try face lathering tomorrow. As I lather it the scent is phenomenal. It's a bit like candied almonds with just a hint of lemon zest. I also get the feeling after the shave of supple, smooth skin--one of the first soaps/creams that actually has done that for me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, lather, price
Cons: Post shave
I enjoy the use of Cella, it smells fantastic (almond) and lathers fairly well without much work. The price was fantastic, and is carried by most reputable online stores.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Good price, easy to load, slick lather
Provides a BBS shave when used with PLENTY of water. Easy to load, solid packaging, and available through most online retailers. I like the almond scent, but it does have a "powdery" post-shave scent. Again, I like it, but there are some who may not.

Overall it hits all my objectives, but lacks a wow factor to make it a 10. I can totally see my self using this every day.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather machine
Cons: None
I have been using Cella for about 6 months. it is the only soap that I use. You can read the other reviews about this soap and know it is a First Class product.I face lather and do not need a pre or post shave oil or balm. I was traveling on vacation when I found it operates at whole new level with Soft water. If you have soft water in your home, I can see this as the only soap you would need.
The 6 rating on the scent is definitely not a negative. Once left in the mug the scent fades and it becomes a neutral clean odor.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather, slick and gentle (maybe even kind) with skin.
Cons: Not really a con, but I can imagine this soap with a nice strong scent would go off the charts
With almost no effort, just follow Marco's guidelines, you get a nice thick lather that holds and is really on your side while you shave. Other soaps/creams feel like they have at least one characteristic that goes against you while shaving, not with Cella.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, Lather
Some as good, perhaps, but none better. At around $1.00/oz, its an extraordinary value.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, Very easy to lather, slickness
Cella is amazing. It's so easy to lather, and the lather itself is amazing. Couple this with a great almond scent, and you have a must try product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I have not used many creams ,so I may have ranked it a little high for now,,BUT I love this stuff . I was lucky enough to get some PIF'd to me otherwise may have never used it ..I have been using and like AOS so is all I can compare it to,but I really enjoy using this stuff ,the smell is great,the lather is slick and plentiful,,,,,,,I am glad I won some because I will be keeping some in my rotation from now on
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent is great. Putty. Easy to lather. Cheap but top notch
Nice real almond scent (even it's a scent I don't particularly like), putty texture which behaves like a soap and lathers very easily (though you have to work it, obviously). Great and protective lather, quite moisturizing. The blade glides smoothly across your face.

It could last for ages which considering its price makes it a steal. I paid 15 pounds with a wooden bowl but if you buy it by the kilogram, it's ridiculous! A great classic soap that never disappoints. You must give it a try!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Got a some from a PIF cause it didn't work for him . I tryed it 3 times got 2 great shaves and the 3rd on I had to rise it off. First two shaves I got the Red Face for about 30-45 minutes after the shave and 2 apps of Razor Burn and Bump cream. That 3rd try my face started iching and tingling before I could even start shaving. :sad::mad3:

It is a Great product but I had bad skin reactions to it. :sad::blushing:

YMMV but the Preachers advice is to try it before you go buy a Kilo of it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I appreciate you admitting your change of heart.
hunter87597;3071863 said:
This previous review was while I was a padawan. Now I am the master.

It's true, cella requires a different technique to lather than proraso, or other creams, such as what I was using at the time. You also need a stiffer brush than the floppy badger brushes I had. Now that I have refined my technique and have better tools, I find cella to be my favorite soap. Now, the cella is slick on my brush and my face. The blade doesn't skip anymore. This is due to a combination of proper lathering technique and better shaving technique. The smell is subtle, yet pleasant. I am ashamed to give it such brash initial ratings after only a few poor uses. I am not jumping on the cella-bandwagon. Cella has such renown, it needeth not a bandwagon. The stuff simply works, exceptionally.

This is precisely why we require a minimum participation before a member is allowed to post reviews.

Glad it all worked out for you. :thumbup1:
Great soap, and a lovely scent. If i were to choose one soap to shave with the rest of my life, the Cella would be on top of the very short list of the ones I would be choosing from. Its simply superb!:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
While I enjoy the quality of shave with Cella I can honestly say the scent isn't one of my favorites. It's a little too sickly sweet for my nose. I will add that almond in creams and soaps isn't one of my preferred aromas, but I do LOVE C&E Sweet Almond Oil (thankfully I still have 2 tubes stashed:001_cool:). If this smelled like just about anything else I'd use it everyday...well, probably not as I own a couple dozens different creams and soaps, but you guys know what I mean. It's definitely worth keeping in your arsenal if you like, or can get past the aroma.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Cella is fast becoming my favorite soap. Cella's lather is super slick, smells fantastic and leaves the face feeling soft and smooth.

Price - 8: Cella is cheap for what you get. It's about the same price as a puck of Tabac, but I doubt it will last as long as Tabac given it's softness. Still, it's an absolute bargain for what you get.

Quality - 10: I rate quality as an overall rating. There just isn't a better soap anywhere, IMO.

Scent - 9: Fantastic almond scent. It's very strong when you first open the jar, but it dissipates as you lather. Scent doesn't linger so you won't smell like almonds all day. I suspect the smell is too strong for some but I love it.

Lather - 10: Lathers as well as anything I've used. Much easier to lather than Tabac, for instance. I load my bruch for about 30 seconds, and after working the soap for three minutes or so, I have enough lather to last for four full passes.

Efficacy - 10: Incredibly slick and cushioning. Probably the slickest lather I've ever used. The first time I shaved with Cella, my razor slipped out of my hand. Use with caution. :lol:

Moisturizing - I don't give a moisturizing rating for soaps.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Cella was my first and only tallow based soap. I've always read about the glory of tallow, and the glory of Cella, so I decided it was time to try out this soap and see how it goes.

Cella is the best preforming soap I have ever used thus far. Keep in mind I haven't tried out many products, but from what I have tried, Cella has beaten out quite a few popular brands.

Unfortunately, I sold Cella after only two shaves. Why you ask? The smell! Marzipan meets lard is the best was I can describe it. The smell lingered on my face all day long, and it managed to stink up my bathroom. This was not a soap I wanted to open up and smell. What really bugged me was how strong the scent was. I'm okay with not liking a certain scent, but that scent is so overpowering that I had to breath through my mouth in order to avoid smelling it!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I recently got my first Cella and this is by far the best soap I have used. In my limited time DE shaving I have used Mama Bear's, TOB, Pre de Provence, and a couple of others. The richness and silky feel is amazing.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I've tried a fair bit of stuff. Not as much as others who hoard, but a good spread of budget and brand bling stuff.

My favourites - all based on performance as I'm not overly fussy on scent - are Tabac soap, TOBS Avo and Mr Taylor, and I have to add Cella.

I'm no fan of almonds, but it does have a mild, sweet almondy play dough scent to it, I find that nice.

It lathers as easy as Tabac or Proraso. Just know your brush and use enough, but you don't need to load up like you would a hard soap, this is a dense soap/cream hybrid and will get onto a brush with ease.

I get great shaves with it, and it leaves my face noticeably moisturised.

The only quibble is the size of the tub. Few brushes will get in there without making a mess all over the sides. So I scooped it out and put it in a wider one. Very easy to do, this stuff is the consistency of cookie dough.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)