What's new

CB I Hate Perfume Tea/Rose Absolute

It's a warm, summer morning. You're sitting in your garden, a freshly-steeped pot of Darjeeling by your side. As you lift the cup to drink, you inhale the luxurious aroma of the brew. The fragrance of these leaves, hand-picked from far away bushes growing in abundance on Indian mountainsides and released into the steam, mixes with the heady fragrance of the roses in bloom around you.

This is the scent, and the sensation, of Christopher Brosius's Tea/Rose Absolute.

Now. This is a strong, unabashedly floral rose. If you have problems with rose scents, steer clear. If you have problems with scents that are usually thought of as "feminine," steer clear.

If, however, you're a rose lover, and you're secure enough in your masculinity to wear a scent like this, then be prepared for a treat. Real Moroccan Rose Absolute is used, not a synthetic. The black tea accord is, according to his website, real as well. The two scents are blended beautifully -- one doesn't overpower the other -- although I've found that the black tea accord disappears somewhat quickly, leaving only the rose.

This is an oil-based perfume and it sticks around all day on my skin. He makes water-based (read: cheaper) versions of all his scents but I don't think they have the same staying power. As far as price goes, it's not cheap (but then neither is real rose absolute) but it's not exactly a bargain, either. OTOH a little bit goes a long way. I bought the 15ml bottle and I don't think I'll be making much of a dent in it any time soon.

It comes in a nice, simple glass bottle encased inside of a black, somewhat low-rent cardboard tube. Thus, my 5 rating on packaging. I know rose absolute is expensive but imho for what he's charging he should still be able to afford better packaging. There's no atomizer, thus my 0 rating. I use my fingertip to apply it. However, don't let the packaging or lack of an atomizer dissuade you. This is a strong scent, simple but very well-crafted.

I'm not a big lover or wearer of men's colognes in general. However, I do love certain floral scents, especially lavender & rose. If you like a simpler scent (one that doesn't necessarily scream "cologne!") and enjoy both the scent of roses & of black tea, this could be for you.

(NB: Samples of many of Christopher Brosius's scents, including this one, can be ordered from Luckyscent.com.)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)