What's new

Cavendish Scent

Pros: Puck Size, Latherability, Scent.
Cons: None
Review for Synergy Shave Soap Cavendish Scent. Keep in mind I do have hard water and have only been lathering about 2 weeks. Straight razor for about a year.
Price $15.95 on amazon, shipping around $4.50. I know you're thinking that's a lot, but this is a monster of a puck. 5 inch puck that comes out to 8-9 ounces... That's half a pound of shave soap!. This is a Vegetarian soap. Yes I know I said that evil word and I love my red meat so leave me be! haha. First of all this Cavendish scent is something out of this world, smells just like Cavendish without the tobacco for the most part. Has to me and appley, slight cinnamon, vanilla ish scent with some others, just like what Cavendish would smell like, hard to explain. This stuff made my mouth water. The large puck size made building the brush really comfortable. Out of an Escali Badger Brush and the VDH Luxury kit boar brush, best result came with the Escali Badger by far. (I imagine if you have a nice boar it wouldn't be a problem) Do not need to soak this puck at all It has a little give but hardly any. I just left plenty of water in my brush, only a couple light shakes. Within literally two or three swirls the soap was foaming on the puck. Extremely easy to build the brush, even with hard water. This soap whipped into a lather very quickly compared to tallow based soap.. It seemed to have just as dense of lather and slick as the tallow soaps even with hard water. Once again it wasn't an extremely thick layer on my face (seems to be a recurring problem for me) but it was dense enough that I don't think it would matter too much. Its more of a skill thing on my part. But that does speak volumes for this soap. If I can make the best lather I've ever made on my first try, an experienced lather maker with soft water will have no problem making super like lather. I will by far and away recommend this soap over and over to newbies and experienced alike. I can't stop thinking about it. Even if you've had bad experiences with the veggie soaps, try this one, you won't be disappointed. Comes in a variety of scents as well. Can Find this on Amazon.com or Etsy.com.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: great shave
Cons: none
I bought mine on Amazon.com , got it in a week. It was well packed and shipping was reasonable. My choice was bay rum. This is a fanstastic soap, very easy to build lather on both badger and boar brushes. I would buy it again when I run out. A great value because this tin will last for at least a year. just as good as the english imports in the wood mugs at half the price and made in the USA. Excellent soap.Oh, I got a great shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, ease to lather
This product is great. The scent grew on me each time I used it. I have it in a shave stick and love it. Very easy to make nice cushiony lather. Great with DE or straights. I would recommend this soap to anyone
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent,lather ability
Cons: Depth of container
Great product that lathers very well and washes out extremely well so it doesn't leave residues anywhere.

I purchased the 4 oz to try out and also because the container was smaller a I don't have the space for the larger tin.

It would be great if the container was deeper or if it was available as a puck to put it into a shaving bowl.

Great soap that is forgiving to water ratio and perfect for face lathering using a 2band brush.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent, slick
Cons: lather or lack of it
I got three pucks in a PIF, "Like Speick" a watermelon cucumber scent and something that looks like "Vantive." I didn't think I'd enjoy the watermelon cucumber scent, but that has turned out to be my favorite of the three. It's got a hint of fruit with the cucumber out in front. I've had real issues making a decent lather with this soap. I don't usually have issues, so I've switched brushes, experimented with adding water, etc. My best luck has been face lathering which provided a thin but slick lather. It does seem to moisturize better than most soaps I've used.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)